deleting markers

mark skinner

Question

I use to could hover on the marker , click and hold , and hit delete when the arrow turned white and pointed down. Now I'm getting 2 vertical lines with arrows pointing L/R from each side. Looks like its' for moving a marker. I know this has been covered before and had something to do with mouse controls after a CbB update , but I couldn't locate the post.  I've found I can delete from the Markers view but would like to revert this in pref.    Thanks ...  mark

8 answers to this question

The past couple updates or so, I have noticed the hit zone for deleting markers is becoming problematic.

Im hoping this gets solved in a future update. Possibly a feature update for a second timeline that could be added by choice/or not. the Timeline has become too busy with the loop, punch in, selection markers. the old way of deleting markers using the Delete key is just not what it was.

I have never in my life been able to convince any release of Sonar and now CbB, to let me delete a marker by hovering, threatening, or any other kind of 'ing', and have always had to pull up the Markers list and delete there.  I would LOVE to be able to do that, someday....

I have great difficulty seeing things that small - in the markers on the timeline, and the font that the marker text uses is insanely small.  I sincerely wish there was a way to adjust the timeline, markers, and marker text, to be a bit larger - I would gladly give up a little bit of vertical and horizontal space to be able to do that.

I know markers aren't glamorous, or cutting-edge, or whatever, but just about all of us use markers, and some improvements with regard to both sizing, font choice, and the ability to color code sections of the timeline, or at least color code the markers and marker text, would be AMAZINGLY helpful.  (caps for emphasis only, and not meant to convey anger or anything like that). :)

Bob Bone

8 minutes ago, Robert Bone said:

, or at least color code the markers and marker text, would be AMAZINGLY helpful. 

Bob Bone

You can change the colours of the markers and the marker text

Preferences | Customisation | Colours > Search for "Markers"  Change it to your required colour.  I have made them white.

9 hours ago, Promidi said:

You can change the colours of the markers and the marker text

Preferences | Customisation | Colours > Search for "Markers"  Change it to your required colour.  I have made them white.

Sorry - I should have been more clear - I meant to be able to change color for each individual markers and its text.

Bob Bone