Feature Request: Implementation of "Spleeter": Deezer's, open-sourced, AI sound-splitter tool into Cakewalk.

Corruptinator

Just not too long ago Deezer open sourced this interesting A.I. software called Spleeter. Its a A.I. tool trained and designed to separate audio based on vocals or instruments. Its not by any means perfect but a facinating tool that could be potentially implemented into cakewalk:

https://github.com/deezer/spleeter

Spleeter, a Deezer source seperation library is written in python and uses Tensorflow to separate (According to their Github Readme):

Vocals (singing voice) / accompaniment separation (2 stems)

Vocals / drums / bass / other separation (4 stems)

Vocals / drums / bass / piano / other separation (5 stems)

Pretty cool A.I. software to be honest. Would anybody here agree that this should be implemented into Cakewalk?

Edited by Corruptinator
  • Meh 1

assuming you have a dataset of isolated sources

Oh, I didn't realize that part. Sorry. Seems that Spleeter requires more to make itself work. Thanks for clarifying Jim. While Spleeter may not seem useful it just got me thinking about how A.I. is or can be implemented in audio editing. Numerous possibilities.

• Great Idea 1

@Corruptinator  I think artificial intelligence has a bright future in audio recording (tracking), live sound, mixing and mastering.  All parts of audio production has consistently attracted newcomers but have a steep learning curve.  AI is great at assisting newcomers obtain acceptable results so they will remain interested long enough to invest in the time, experience and monies needed to achieve remarkable results.

Think about the products ToonTracks and Izotope offer.  EZMix and Nectar provide skills in the form of presets.  Cakewalk by BandLab offers ProChannel presets.  They are more than a convenience, they are learning tools novices can use to obtain acceptable results while gaining experience.