a high energy rock instrumental - "Michael's House (a slight return)"

bats brew

22 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

AAA+++ my highest rating! But no surprise, as always, I’m a fan. Love the last moments at the end, reminds me of a guy I saw back in ‘68 at the Hollywood Bowl. Keep it up!

hey tom!

glad you dig this one...

the whole album is got a lot of diversity in it, 

i nicked a hendrix quote from '3rd stone from the sun' during this,

hence the 'a slight return' nod as well.

Cool!  "High energy"  ---  that might be considered as an understatement.  Excellent performance, great playing, top notch mix --- definitely A+ marks all the way around.  However, that seems to be what you do!  Really professional sounding work Bats.

5 hours ago, freddy j said:

Cool!  "High energy"  ---  that might be considered as an understatement.  Excellent performance, great playing, top notch mix --- definitely A+ marks all the way around.  However, that seems to be what you do!  Really professional sounding work Bats.

alright freddy!

glad you got to check this one out,

i'll be posting a couple of other tunes here and there, as i roll out the album release...

this is an instrumental version of the song version, "Michael's House", which is the 2nd cut on the album.

it just works so well as an instrumental, i decided to add it to the album....

8 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Bat
Can you come over and show me how to play a guitar? Thanks.
Excellent as always. Nothing else to say.

heheh, yea bjorn,

i can teach you a tune, called 'my dog has fleas'

LOL

think someone taught me that one, way back when....

thanks for listening

so, as i mentioned before,
i bought a new fuzz, a Barber Exacta, and wanted to run it thru it's paces...
this is the version of that session.

the Exacta has 3 different fuzz circuits in it,
and i used all 3 for the 3 main solo sections.

the first solo, is my favorite tone... the 3rd solo has the thin razor-sharp tone that starts at around 1:32 has my least favorite of the three, but that one has that ripping short lead on it! LOL...

actually, the ripping solo starts at 2:33, and i can't remember which fuzz circuit i used on that one... i think the same as the first.

at that solo, it's a stacked up sound... the fuzz is pushed by fulltone fatboost III, and running thru a budda wah AND a fulltone mini deja vibe...

Dang, I don't know what they're putting in the food there in Utah but it must be helping you play like a maniac. All kidding aside, I know you work hard to sound like that and it pays off in the end!  No timidity in this mix. Fits well for this genre. Nice man! Don't know what else to say...great mix, great chops combine to make great results. 

19 hours ago, Starise said:

Dang, I don't know what they're putting in the food there in Utah but it must be helping you play like a maniac. All kidding aside, I know you work hard to sound like that and it pays off in the end!  No timidity in this mix. Fits well for this genre. Nice man! Don't know what else to say...great mix, great chops combine to make great results. 

hey starise!

stuff in the food?! well, i put tequila in my freshly squeezed orange juice,

does that count?!

heheh

hey thanks for listening,

yes, 

no timidity.

i think you'll really dig the whole album.

it has that kind of energy flow that takes you up, cruising speed, down closer to the ground, straight back up in the air, etc....

1 hour ago, Wave Function said:

Next level guitar talent. Nice I could never find the time to practice to improve to even close to this speed and timing!

hi wave!

thanks so much for listening, and the kind words....

and a side note on 'talent':

i've been playing a long time,

and i've put in the woodshed time, so, really, it boils down to becoming proficient at a certain level to be able to say what i want to say without tripping over myself...

and at the end of the day,

i don't want to be the fastest, or any of that sport-group stuff,

i want to write melodic stuff that works for the song, and all that practicing and riffing along the way, 

should be about just making it easy to say what i want to say.

always play with conviction, and it will never matter about speed or timing.

1 hour ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Excellent job - man does this track rock - hardcore. Exceptional guitar playing as always, and I loved the drum track on this.

hey douglas! thanks for listening....

drums on this, superior drummer 3, and i swear i can't remember ANY of the kits i built for this album,

because i used a new design for every single song!!

LOL

and why not, i've got a million combinations...

maybe once i find one that just ticks every mark, i'll keep it as a 'signature' drum kit, but for now, i'm just experimenting.