Arturia Software Center update + Plugin Updates

Frank

I've been "updating" the V Collection 6 ASC and all plugin collection for an hour now, and it's painfully slow.  CMI V takes about 1%/minute.  

What's new about this (I think it's new) is that you can both pause and stop the current download.  So when I click Pause, it reads 39% and then I click the Play arrow to continue the download.  Do the same a couple minutes later and it then reads 40%.

I hope only CMI is the problem plugin for downloading.

I'm going to go to a restaurant and eat lunch and hopefully this will all be finished when I get back.

I need to take back what I said. They did something smart!

I have Analog Lab 4, Matrix 12 and Wurli. Previously, any update downloaded the entire multi-gig file. This time, they only downloaded the bits that needed updating (I was on the latest versions). All three took longer to install than they did to download. Tons of small .png files to support GUI resizing. Slow, and very wasteful of hard drive space.

I downloaded and updated all three in less than 15 minutes.

Almost like the 8th Wonder Of The World!

• Like 1

FWIW, the update took 3 more hours from when I had last posted about it, and it messed up all my audio settings - both in CbB and my standalone instances of numerous synths.  Not really a big deal as I simply uninstalled my audio driver from Device Manager and reinstalled it which fixed everything.

• Sad 1