Plugin Aliance Plugins updated to 02.19

cclarry

New Major Update for Our Plugins
This free update includes various bug fixes and improvements for many products, a move towards 64-bit only builds and compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina and the Windows 10 November 2019 Update.
For more details and compatibility information please visit our News Page.

End-of-Life: 32-bit
Please note that this update is the first to remove 32-bit builds for the affected products that will from now on be present in a 64-bit version only. In line with Apple discontinuing 32-bit in Catalina, we have decided to remove 32-bit binaries from our plugins, starting with the Maintenance Update 02.19 builds. Please check your system configuration before updating to make sure you are compatible.

Read More

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frank said:

You can select all or individual plugins and then install

Hi Frank - understood - but can you select only plugins that have an upgrade available ?

The list on the PA website is a bit vague on what which plugins have actually been updated - they give a list of manufactures and then a much small list of specific fixes.  Every other installation manager I have seems to have a specific update section.

I'm being lazy of course as I'm not in front of my PC at the moment but I don't remember seeing an "update" section in the PA install manager.

1 hour ago, simon said:

Hi Frank - understood - but can you select only plugins that have an upgrade available ?

The list on the PA website is a bit vague on what which plugins have actually been updated - they give a list of manufactures and then a much small list of specific fixes.  Every other installation manager I have seems to have a specific update section.

I'm being lazy of course as I'm not in front of my PC at the moment but I don't remember seeing an "update" section in the PA install manager.

Yes - you are right. You can only simply re-install the plugins. I did it for all my plugins.

4 minutes ago, simon said:

but can you select only plugins that have an upgrade available ?

That's one thing I never understood with their Plugin Manager. It must be one of the few that doesn't allow you to only download/update the plugins that need it.

It's why I still update manually for PA plugs --> check version of plugins available in my account then check version installed on my PC and only download those that need updating (which is a pita). 

I even emailed them about it as I'm sure others must have but it still works the same way with the new update. 🤔

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

It's why I still update manually for PA plugs --> check version of plugins available in my account then check version installed on my PC and only download those that need updating (which is a pita).

This^^^

• Like 1

do the vst3 versions work properly now in Cakewalk? It used to be that the dials used to be stuck in circular mode as opposed to linear which made them frustrating to operate. I've always just stuck to vst2 versions in cakewalk. (the vst3 work properly in cubase and S1 but not samplitude)

On 11/7/2019 at 5:32 PM, kitekrazy said:

No real updates other than removing your 32 bit plugins.

There were a lot of bug fixes and some plugins also got updated interfaces. The consoles even got scalable interfaces. A few plugins got new functionality as well, but it was mostly minor stuff. Read the release notes.

• Thanks 1