Feature Suggestion: Snap to Grid Lines

RobertWS

I just grokked the smart grid feature!  If you watch the Note Duration in the snap-to-grid panel, you can see it change as you zoom in and out of the PRV.

I suggest one more option.  Snap to Grid Lines.   It seems much more intuitive...isn't that what the lines are there for?

On 11/7/2019 at 11:20 AM, chuckebaby said:

The grid lines can be shown by using the Track view View menu, point to Display > Vertical Grid Lines and select one of the following options:

- None. 

- Behind Clips. 

- In Front of Clips

True.  But I'm talking about the PRV and moving or stretching notes.  I always want them to snap to a grid line.

3 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

Does this happen even if "follow snap settings" are enabled in PRV settings ?

Cool, that accomplishes what I want.

(I was thinking of the snap following the grid settings, but flipping it around, the grid following the snap settings, works fine!)

2 hours ago, RobertWS said:

Cool, that accomplishes what I want.

(I was thinking of the snap following the grid settings, but flipping it around, the grid following the snap settings, works fine!)

That great @RobertWS

Sorry for any confusion in my previous post. I thought you were referencing track view grid lines.

Seems to be a common issue with me now, not understanding people comments as well as I once did. I'm slipping with age my friend. :)