Positive Grid Sale at JRR

cclarry

Hereby even before end of 2019, inspired by good question from TheSteven, I decided hereby to award a well-deserved reward as below :)

award-pg.jpg.944050b028e776d3b3e260e23e89614a.jpgpg-annoy2019.jpg.ef1f898503b61a237abd511d48b19089.jpg

REASON: tired to be requested to login again and again with every new instance (who is using just 1 track for guitars?) just picking different amp plugin...

Support ticket raised long ago ignored and technician seemed even not checking what I reported with every steps described and mentioned about the same problem on different comps with different OSes.

I was suggested reinstall, what I did to proved the point but well.. Without any desire to confirm what is reported technician never will notice a problem...

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ZincT said:

I ordered yesterday 5.30pm UK time and the redeem code arrived at 5.54am this morning UK time.

So that's just over 12 hrs but it might have been same day for Uncle E as I think he's in California which is 8hrs behind UK. 

I have had to email them before about delayed serials but they usually reply pretty quickly after that so might be worth a try if you don't hear anything soon. 

I received my code back in just a couple hours after the purchase.  I guess based on their business hours.

• Like 2

Piotr - I'm new to Bias FX 2 Elite.  I've installed it.  Sounds great.  I do not see that pop up.  I've selected many amps, choices.   Is it a surprise pop up that occurs randomly, or are you somehow stuck in that pop up cycle, while others are not?    At least for me as of now I have not encountered it.

16 hours ago, TheSteven said:

What does Positive Grid have that's lacking in the other Amp Sims
such as AmpliTube, Pod Farm, S-Gear, Waves, NI Guitar Rig Pro, Overloud's offerings, etc.?

The Bias ecosystem allows you to build custom amps and effects which can be shared via the cloud.  It's not as impressive as it sounds, but it does give you a wide variety of tones.

The sound quality is somewhere between Amplitube and S Gear,  the interface is not too clumsy,  and the user library is mostly djent or blues rock.

Versus others...

More options and gain than Scuffham.

Better reverb than Amplitube. 

Guitar Rig's amp modeling is dated at best. 

I never liked TH3 from Overloud and don't have experience with the others.

For some reason though it doesn't seem to make it onto any of my tracks.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, lawajava said:

Piotr - I'm new to Bias FX 2 Elite.  I've installed it.  Sounds great.  I do not see that pop up.  I've selected many amps, choices.   Is it a surprise pop up that occurs randomly, or are you somehow stuck in that pop up cycle, while others are not?    At least for me as of now I have not encountered it.

I have AMP2  not FX2. Good to hear FX2 is free from that madness :)

On 11/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, TheSteven said:

such as AmpliTube, Pod Farm, S-Gear, Waves, NI Guitar Rig Pro, Overloud's offerings, etc.?

Sorry, I hate asking such lame generic questions like this more that I hate seeing them but the one thing I don't have at the moment is free time so I can't try a demo & check things out for my self.
Not implying that PG's stuff isn't great but if it's not going to end up as one of my goto amp sims then I'm just giving my money away.

Steven - I've had Bias FX 2 Elite for a couple days now and have been experimenting.  One thing I've done is create a variety of tracks with different guitars and different pickup settings and playing styles - and then per track flipped between different amp sims and different presets and settings for some comparisons. 

What I'm coming away with as a fresh conclusion is that it's not as much as what does this one have that another doesn't.  Each have some amazing sounds and/or presets that can apply. 

Without going overboard in choices (which can happen with having even one amp sim), I'm glad I have all of these amp sims - including Bias FX 2. 

Clicking each one on its own I get something special that I can't wait to use on a real song.  Each amp sim has a wealth of excellent sounds.   I do really like the Bias FX 2 clean look and ease of use and again the sounds are great.  As a side note, PodFarm 2 still has some great sounds even though the UI is a few years behind the times.

The kicker for me is that while I did this experimentation I've been also trying out the demo of Blue Cat Audio's Axiom. 

Axiom allows in its single amp sim interface to combine other effects (including other amp sims) into one effect and save it as a preset.  It's super deep. I've been experimenting with blending stuff from Amplitube 4 and Bias FX 2, or with Blue Cat's amps, or with Guitar Rig or PodFarm  This gets into  overboard fun possibilities.  That said, I've easily come up with some super high quality "wow!" sounds by being able to use more than one of these tools in one place (Axiom).   It seems very handy once I have a good sound to save that as an Axiom preset and it restores all those settings in an instant when I recall it.    (I'm waiting for a Blue Cat sale to actually get Axiom).

Looking at keyboard sounds - I have a bunch of synths and patches to those synths.  Blending those synth patches can make some killer and unexpected sounds.  I think for guitars - amp sims actually can potentially used in a similar way - not as silo tools, but somewhat like synths and patches.  Some really inspiring amp sounds can be achieved when you put an A channel and blend it with a B channel.   In short, Bias FX 2 is a good add especially at the discount price.  Not a substitute for something - an add.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2019 at 4:42 AM, TheSteven said:

Quite a lot! Slow start up times, buggy GUI rendered with web markup languages, frequent updates with enormously long installation time. :D

If you can get past all that, you'll get arguably the best pitch shifter, eye-candy UI, guitar modelling, preset snapshots and community  presets. Plus some "Tweak schematics for dummies", if you have their Amp and/or Pedal suites.

Some people even manage to coax great tones out of BIAS guitar plugins.

• Like 3

So I just updated to Bias FX Professional which has an IR loader. One thing I don't like is it truncated all the file names so it's hard to tell what I'm looking at and seems really disorganized.

I almost end up avoiding using the IRs I've purchased because I get overwhelmed with all the files. The celestion IRs I have include: Bitrate folders, each containing different sample lengths, different mic selections within those folders. If anyone has a system for organizing some of that stuff so it's actually useable, I'd love to know how you do it!

• 3 weeks later...