Positive Grid Sale at JRR

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Hmm, tempting! I have Bias Amp 2 Professional and Bias FX 1 Professional.

I could upgrade to FX 2 Professional for around 41 USD at JRR and the upgrade from Bias Amp 2 Pro to Elite is currently 50 USD at PG (around 70 GBP all in).

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I’m confused - do you need Bias FX 2 AND Bias Amp 2? What’s the difference? 

Sadly, PG doesn't have an "All in One" package and have split the amps (Bias Amp 2) with the FX 2. Although I have both, I like using Fx2 as there's plenty of amps and I love fx's.  

FX2: https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-fx2-compare/?_ga=2.246039108.1327986578.1573135296-733113619.1562766536

Amp 2: https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029883551-BIAS-Amp-2-Product-Comparison-Chart

14 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I’m confused - do you need Bias FX 2 AND Bias Amp 2? What’s the difference? 

Bias Amp allows you to tweak and rework ALL of the parameters of the amp, including
tubes, transformers, power stage, etc...FX does not.  You can only use the Amps in FX
"as is".  FX contains all of the "outboard gear", i.e. pedals and rack mounts.  Those are the
main differences.  What you can do is "Build your Amp" in AMP, and then export it into
FX, giving you your own Amp design, and the FX you want.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

Thanks - so if I don’t want to swap out valves and so on, or tweak the amps themselves, FX is an all in one package and the one I should go for? Also, I like the sound of using Celestion IRs, so I’m thinking I need the FX 2 Professional or Elite for that? 

57 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Thanks - so if I don’t want to swap out valves and so on, or tweak the amps themselves, FX is an all in one package and the one I should go for? Also, I like the sound of using Celestion IRs, so I’m thinking I need the FX 2 Professional or Elite for that? 

I think the Celestion IR's are only in Bias Amp2. There are plenty of amps (100) in FX2 and if you can swing for the Elite, I'd get that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I think the Celestion IR's are only in Bias Amp2. There are plenty of amps (100) in FX2 and if you can swing for the Elite, I'd get that.

Ah, I think you are correct! But there is an IR loader and I suspect that if I really "need" Celestion cabs, OwnHammer have them for about $10

The big question for me is whether I go for this as my Go To multi-amp sim  solution. I have used S Gear almost exclusively for many years. It's still great, but this PG Bias FX thing seems to take things to a completely new level. "Guitar Match" in itself - wow.

S Gear might get an upgrade one day, but meantime it looks as if things have moved on. I was pleased toT pick up the Nembrini MRH810 at 80% off recently. That gave me a Marshall sound that was not obtainable for me in S Gear, and I've just recorded a song with it, so I'm happy with that as a single amp purchase. 

19 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Actually, I am not sure now - the Celestions are featured half way down this page which is specifically about Bias FX 2

You might be right as I now see them in that link. Since I have both, it's easy to access/show up. I know the IR cabs specifically came with Bias Amp2 and I can swap them easily, but I'm not sure if they can be swapped with just FX2 alone.  

On 11/7/2019 at 12:49 PM, Mesh said:

Those are some very nice prices and I paid a bit more for my upgrade to Elite. Go for it boys, it's worth it! :D

Hey Mesh, I went for Bias FX 2 Pro and really pleased with the tones I'm getting out of this beast 👍🏻
That Guitar Match is also pretty cool - turned my Tele into a Les Paul (well almost) 🎸

18 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Hey Mesh, I went for Bias FX 2 Pro and really pleased with the tones I'm getting out of this beast 👍🏻
That Guitar Match is also pretty cool - turned my Tele into a Les Paul (well almost) 🎸

Very cool and congrats ZT!!

There's a lot to tweak (if that's your thing) but if you don't like to, can get some good sounds with minimal adjustments.

1 minute ago, Mesh said:

Very cool and congrats ZT!!

There's a lot to tweak (if that's your thing) but if you don't like to, can get some good sounds with minimal adjustments.

Cheers Mesh! I spent ages on the presets alone with a few tweaks here and there. Some great effects and of course the amps in BA Pro 2 are also ace. I am getting a very pleasing crunch sound. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Hmmm.... I ordered yesterday and still haven't received anything from JRR... I think they've been slow before for me but I can never remember between all the different sites.

I ordered yesterday 5.30pm UK time and the redeem code arrived at 5.54am this morning UK time.

So that's just over 12 hrs but it might have been same day for Uncle E as I think he's in California which is 8hrs behind UK. 

I have had to email them before about delayed serials but they usually reply pretty quickly after that so might be worth a try if you don't hear anything soon. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

What does Positive Grid have that's lacking in the other Amp Sims
such as AmpliTube, Pod Farm, S-Gear, Waves, NI Guitar Rig Pro, Overloud's offerings, etc.?

Sorry, I hate asking such lame generic questions like this more that I hate seeing them but the one thing I don't have at the moment is free time so I can't try a demo & check things out for my self.
Not implying that PG's stuff isn't great but if it's not going to end up as one of my goto amp sims then I'm just giving my money away.