When working with MIDI files some preferences are not saved.

RobertWS

I have to continually reset:

-Metronome Count in.
-Metronome Midi Note.
-Local Snap to Grid settings in the PRV (number of ticks).
-Recording Mode (overwrite).
-Track View/Midi: Show Velocity check box.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make these persist?  
After the first twenty times of resetting them, it starts to get a bit annoying.

That's odd. Is this affecting both projects and project templates, or just a particular project? Most of those settings are different than what I typically use, especially the MIDI metronome. It shouldn't matter but it's a bit unusual, so that would be the first thing I'd want to check.

Any particular reason you're not using the audio metronome - don't like the sounds on offer?

3 hours ago, Promidi said:

When you're saving, are you saving as MIDI files or as Cakewalk by Bandlab (*.CWP) files ? 

On that list of things you mention, MID files would not contain those items.  To save those items, you need to save as a native CWP file.

Yup. Plus, metronome count-in is per project, so you may want to set preferences that are per project, in a project template, so when you start a new project using that project template, those settings will all be set the way you want.

Bob Bone

• Like 1

In a project, also if you use only midi clips, at the end you have to save it as project file (cwp).

It's better if you use for all your projects a template file with all your preferred settings.

In this way every time you open a new project you'll have your preferred settings ready.

• 11 months later...
8 minutes ago, CHCollins said:

I have the latest (2020 - 09) version and the project does not remember my selection in the Track View, under the MIDI tab, to not "Show Velocity".  I turn it off, save the project, reload the project, and the "show velocity" checkbox is back on.

Are you using workspaces or screensets?

Just now, CHCollins said:

I'm guessing you are going tell me:  I have to re-save the workspace before I quit the project in order for my selection to be remembered!  :)

I was actually going to suggest that you edit your custom workspace to deselect "Display settings" under "Load from this workspace".  (Edit workspaces under the workspaces menu and select "Manage workspaces"

I have over 200 pure midi projects. They are all saved as both mid. and CWP files. 

The mid. file is strickly for future proofing all my work. They will probably open in software until I'm dead and gone. 

The CWP files are so my songs play correctly with the effects and proper VST instruments. A midi file will open with TTS-1 only and sound pretty boring.