Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Noizz

A big thank you post to the Bandlab team

Recommended Posts

Hello to everyone in Bandlab and the Cakewalk community!

I don't know if someone already did it but I was thinking for quite some time in doing this post.

First I'm going to make a summary of why I'm writing all this...

I have been dj for more than 12 years and more than a year ago I decided to produce electronic music, but, there was a big obstacle in my way... MONEY... because I had just married and left my native country, it was all new for me and I had to start from scratch , unemployed and in a new country, I had that obstacle to start doing one of the things that I love most in music and wanted to share with people what I could give through the music, it was difficult because first I had to learn all about the DAW and secondly because almost all the big DAW have a very high price (not all of them), so, I started with LMMS, Ardour and Tracktion (the free version) doing some beats and learning on the way, and then something incredible happened, CAKEWALK BY BANDLAB CAME BACK AND NOW FOR FREE! I could not believe that such a powerful software was free and today, it even has a support and development team behind it!!! thanks to that, I was growing, improving and learning in the world of music production.

Honestly I do not know how to thank you, only that even if you decide to do it right now not free, I would pay without problems (as long as the software has a price according to my wallet hahahaha)

All this just to thank all of you for giving us, those who started from scratch and those who find it difficult to start in music production without a budget for it, this great opportunity to have a full, powerful, professional, huge and pretty good at what he does piece of software.

Soon I will show you a little of what I am producing right now, my style is House, Progressive House, Tech House and Deep House.

Bandlab and all the team... a big, very big, THANK YOU!!!

 

P.s.: Sorry if it was not the place to post this.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

You can give them funding via the tip jar

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/rewards

 

I paid for Lifetime Updates for the Program when it was with Gibson, also very thankful they have invested in development and the fact they made it free is just amazing.  

 

Yep the Tip jar right now.
I think NAMM next week is when we get to see Bandlab's vision and hopefully announcement of a storefront.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about all the people that would like a high quality DAW and simply could not afford one. I am a very long time user of Sonar and now Cakewalk. I paid for every upgrade version. I am proud that my favorite DAW is still available and anyone can afford it. In a big way its something I can get behind and support. I too thank the Bandlab team. I also thank my fellow users for keeping the faith and staying the course. They too have been an important part of the success of the new and better Cakewalk by Bandlab.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John Noizz said:

Honestly I do not know how to thank you

You just did, thank you!

Pro software, zero barriers - definitely exciting territory here. The team is thrilled to be continuing Cakewalk's evolution, and your kind words are most appreciated!

P.S. While the sentiment is deeply warming, tip jar funding is absolutely unnecessary! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thank the BandLab people, and I also thank the people who bought licenses in the commercial software days when it was called Sonar, 'cause their licensing fees funded the development all those years.

My first thoughts when I heard about the Gibson announcement were "what a shame, what a drag for the user base," and I don't think it could have worked out better for everyone, the user base has gotten some tight code in the past year in the upgrades, an expanded user base, a future for the platform, a company who seem to respect the brands they acquire.

CbB came along just when I was ready to "graduate" to a top-of-the-line DAW with more features than the alternative one I had been using. So I, like the OP, feel charmed. It's been almost a year and there are whole areas of the program that I haven't even touched yet because it's so deep and feature-rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is :     Best in the Business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to still be a part of the Sonar journey. Ups and downs, yes, but that's what always attracts me to thrill rides ;)   Thanks to the entire team and it will be exciting to see where we go from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 3:46 PM, Brian Walton said:

You can give them funding via the tip jar

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/rewards

 

I paid for Lifetime Updates for the Program when it was with Gibson, also very thankful they have invested in development and the fact they made it free is just amazing.  

 

I almost forgot about the tip jar, I really like that Cakewalk mug! :D

 

On 1/19/2019 at 12:18 PM, Starship Krupa said:

I thank the BandLab people, and I also thank the people who bought licenses in the commercial software days when it was called Sonar, 'cause their licensing fees funded the development all those years.

My first thoughts when I heard about the Gibson announcement were "what a shame, what a drag for the user base," and I don't think it could have worked out better for everyone, the user base has gotten some tight code in the past year in the upgrades, an expanded user base, a future for the platform, a company who seem to respect the brands they acquire.

CbB came along just when I was ready to "graduate" to a top-of-the-line DAW with more features than the alternative one I had been using. So I, like the OP, feel charmed. It's been almost a year and there are whole areas of the program that I haven't even touched yet because it's so deep and feature-rich.

I agree with you, I always support the developers, but at the beginning it was difficult, luckily now the situation is different, for better! :D

 

On 1/19/2019 at 12:25 AM, Jesse Jost said:

You just did, thank you!

Pro software, zero barriers - definitely exciting territory here. The team is thrilled to be continuing Cakewalk's evolution, and your kind words are most appreciated!

P.S. While the sentiment is deeply warming, tip jar funding is absolutely unnecessary! :)

I am very grateful that the team in general continue with this great project, Cakewalk is one of the best and big pro software, alongside with the other DAWs of the market.

Keep in that way!

 

On 1/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, Leadfoot said:

Very glad to see that Cakewalk is still around. 😊

Yes indeed! I hope it never ends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Noizz said:

Very glad to see that Cakewalk is still around. 😊

Yes I totally agree.  Long live Cakewalk 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...