ilok manager updated

simon

This is a big update.

Version 5.1.1 GM (b2937, a0923a393a), 2019-11-04:

Improved automatic installation of License Support while running protected software on slower Macintosh computers

Improved accessible descriptions and tooltips of locations

Improved performance when moving licenses from one location to another

Fixed a Windows only problem where some DAWs could randomly blacklist protected VST plugins

Fixed a possible Windows only silent crash on quit that results in an unexpected exception in the event log

Fixed a typo on the Confirm Activation and open iLok Cloud dialog

Clicking Cancel on Close All Cloud sessions now works

Fixed a bug in Close All Cloud sessions where it was closing a session for signed in user even though it was open on a different machine

Fixed a bug where showing a license resulted in removing a previously hidden license from the Hidden view temporarily

Fixed text on some dialogs where quotes were not being shown correctly

Fixed crash on Sign in when you have surrender update deliveries in your account that deliver subscription licenses

Fixed a bug in the Activation Experience where the wrong cloud name may be displayed on the Location Selection screen if you have multiple managed cloud sessions open on the computer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

During the install process, the update tried to install this driver :

"Intel(R) C600/X79 séries chipset Thermal Management Controller"

When I refused :

image.png.295a01cf6f1454c23532bdce5798d937.png

What is the link between the intel driver and ilok ?

I can't find any.

EDIT :  maybe has something to do with USB ports for the dongle (which I don't use) but that doesn't explain the "thermal management" bit.

Windows flagged the driver as not having a valid certificate, which is the reason I initially refused.

Not wanting to lose an afternoon, I reinstalled, accepted the driver installation, and everything seems fine.

image.png

Edited by Paul P

2 hours ago, Paul P said:

What is the link between the intel driver and ilok ?

I can't say for sure - my guess would be that it's a motherboard driver that's responsible for using thermal sensors/sending signals to onboard cooling fans (i.e. a very low-level driver); ilok is a very low-level security related driver that wants access to everything, and the two both overlap in some way?