Get any SynthMaster preset bank for only $4 - Offer valid until November 16

Wibbles

23 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

For the record, I don't care for the sounds in the new Nori expansion, Japan's Vintage. I wish I had purchased another one of his old ones instead.  Anybody else have a reaction?

The CS 10 sounds terrible.  I thought the SY99 and Maxi Korg sounds were ok though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Any comments on the Rob Lee expansions?   Nobody seems to talk about those.

I have all of them, as they were included in the Everything Bundle, but I had been shying away from them, mostly due to the "EDM" in the expansion name. Nothing against that, but just not my "thing". ;)

But a quick run through them reveals that there are  some quite good basses, leads, and pads that could be used with many other genres of synth music. He has many presets that are clearly intended to be emulations of vintage gear, particularly in the Rob Lee EDM Expansion 2, 3, & 4. Representing Buchla, Juno, Jupiter, Korg, JX 3P, Moog, Oberheim, Roland, Waldorf, and others. I own none of that vintage gear, so not eligible to compare them.

Edited by abacab

4 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

For the record, I don't care for the sounds in the new Nori expansion, Japan's Vintage. I wish I had purchased another one of his old ones instead.  Anybody else have a reaction?

Yeah, me too.   I just bought it today and cruised through the presets.  Only a handful are what I would call usable.   Good thing I'm only out $4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1