Get any SynthMaster preset bank for only $4 - Offer valid until November 16

Wibbles

2 hours ago, ZincT said:

I figured that buying Nori Ubukata Japan's Vintage for 4 bucks was the least I could do. 

So I just tried to buy it and the check out page will not let me (see below). The error message implies that Nori Ubukata Pop Hits Volume 1 is being confused with the new Japan's Vintage. I have contacted support.  Has anyone else with Everything Bundle managed to buy it?

960868635_SynthmasterJapanVintageMessage.jpg.860ae9ba7e9832fe80934e8797d6e54b.jpg

Let us know how it turns out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

The Nori ones are excellent. Possibly the only downside being they are so close to the sounds they are emulating some may find them too recognisable but in the end it's how you use them.

Obviously his presets are demonstrations of the emulations of vintage gear that can be achieved with this synth. Too recognizable can be a good thing if you are trying to emulate something.

Learn to program your own sounds in this manner by reverse engineering a few of his. Or tweak and mangle them beyond recognition  to fit your own taste! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, husker said:

Let us know how it turns out. 

I received a reply saying

Japan Vintage expansion is released by Nori Ubukata. You can purchese it from https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmasterexpansions.aspx#

So I don't think he understood me as that was exactly where I tried to buy it from in the first place! 

I have replied to his email but this time placed the above picture of the failed transaction in-line in my reply rather than as an attachment which I am guessing he didn't see last time I sent it. 

Also forgot to say yesterday, if anyone is using anything other than the default skin you might not see the "purchased" tab. That happened on the skin I was using so I had to switch back to default to be able to select the purchased tab and see the "refresh my licenses/restore my expansions" options in the browser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Obviously his presets are demonstrations of the emulations of vintage gear that can be achieved with this synth. Too recognizable can be a good thing if you are trying to emulate something.

Learn to program your own sounds in this manner by reverse engineering a few of his. Or tweak and mangle them beyond recognition  to fit your own taste! ;)

Exactly. They can be great examples or starting points

Another thing is it can take far longer to trawl through presets to find a suitable sound than create one from scratch once you know the synth.

Presets can provide a lot of inspiration though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Another thing is it can take far longer to trawl through presets to find a suitable sound than create one from scratch once you know the synth.

Presets can provide a lot of inspiration though.

Yes, I find many of these presets are quite inspiring!  Like, how the heck did he do that one, or that one?

Good education!

At least the browser supports browsing by category, or searching by text strings, which speeds up the trawling. And making use of the favorites list lets you tag the ones you especially like.

And this synth is deep, and as such it can be difficult to see how the dots are connected at times under the hood. I hope the upcoming v3 is a bit more intuitive as far as the  workflow. I do like how the developer simplified the workflow  a bit in SynthMaster One. And I think that he plans to port a bit of that ease over to the new version of SM 2. :D

I did not see the coupon in my account, not a big deal. I got as far as checking out three packs and the website crashed while entering my payment details. Seems its still down. I am not sure if the payment went through or not. I will check later.

EDIT - Back up again now. The purchase did not go through first time. It went faultlessly on the second attempt.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

I did not see the coupon in my account, not a big deal. I got as far as checking out three packs and the website crashed while entering my payment details. Seems its still down. I am not sure if the payment went through or not. I will check later.

EDIT - Back up again now. The purchase did not go through first time. It went faultlessly on the second attempt.

Thanks for the update. I just tried to buy Japan's Vintage again and it worked fine this time and installed OK.

That's because they are giving away the player for free.  When you order these presets you will get a player added to your order.   $4 for a bank and the player is really good for someone on  budget.

1 hour ago, antler said:

Are any of the expansions included in either SynthMaster One or 2.9? Just wondering if I upgrade from Player, are there any expansions that I should avoid buying to avoid having duplicate content/wasted purchases?

Nope. You only get the 1800 factory presets with SM 2.9 & SM Player. There are no KV331 expansions for SM One, but it comes with 1250 factory presets.

The KV331 expansions for SM 2.9 are available for individual sale, or included in the Everything Bundle.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tiger The Frog said:

For the record, I don't care for the sounds in the new Nori expansion, Japan's Vintage. I wish I had purchased another one of his old ones instead.  Anybody else have a reaction?

Funilly enough I thought the same apart from the odd one. I only really bought it to say thanks though. 

• Like 1