Get any SynthMaster preset bank for only $4 - Offer valid until November 16

Wibbles

14 hours ago, abacab said:

I was surprised when I realized that you could use the pb wheel for something other than pitch bend. It's very unreal the first time you wiggle both wheels and there is no pitch bend, but you suddenly have two mod wheels in your hand!  Wheeeeeee!!! xD

... something we've been able to do with Rapture for over a decade. ;)

3 minutes ago, Mesh said:

When I initially bought Synthmaster (5-6 years ago), it came with some of Nori's packs.....that's about all I have. ;)

Make sure that you have his "Dawn of Electronic Music" vols 1-3, and "Historic Synth Giants" vols 1-4.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wibbles said:

... something we've been able to do with Rapture for over a decade. ;)

That is something that I believe could be done with a lot of synths. All you need is a decent modulation matrix. ;)

But I have rarely seen a sound designer take advantage of it as frequently as BigTone does. That was my point! Not much need to tweak his patches, instant gratification!!!  Performance ready out of the box!!! :)

Edited by abacab

Just now, husker said:

OK - I've done a bit of playing around with SM - it seems as if the new Japan's Vintage will not be included if you have previously purchased the Everything Bundle.  Anybody got it yet?  

It's only $4 on sale at this time, so maybe I will buy it.

My understanding  of the everything bundle is that you get all of the expansions that are available at the time you purchase the bundle. I don't believe that future expansions are  intended to be included.

Just now, abacab said:

It's only $4 on sale at this time, so maybe I will buy it.

My understanding  of the everything bundle is that you get all of the expansions that are available at the time you purchase the bundle. I don't believe that future expansions are  intended to be included.

That is what I understood as well, and that seems to be the case.  

24 minutes ago, Mesh said:

When I initially bought Synthmaster (5-6 years ago), it came with some of Nori's packs.....that's about all I have. ;)

Note: The audio demo is done entirely SynthMaster except the following: drums, percussions and bass guitar.

Edited by abacab

I have the stock factory presets with Synthmaster 2.9.  I am interested in patches with these codes in the prefix:

KY,  Key,  KB,  SY,  PLK

I want to achieve percussive keyboard parts like a piano, but with a lot of processing-- especially velocity and cutoff modulation.

Any ideas on expansion packs to get?

33 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

The Michael Kastrup Expansion #2 is pretty good.  I don't seem to see an Expansion #1 though.

Yes, he has some good ones. I think his initial SM effort was included in the factory presets bank. You can find them by filtering in the browser by author for Michael Kastrup, then in banks by Factory Presets. They all have MK as a suffix in the preset names.

Edited by abacab

I figured that buying Nori Ubukata Japan's Vintage for 4 bucks was the least I could do. 

So I just tried to buy it and the check out page will not let me (see below). The error message implies that Nori Ubukata Pop Hits Volume 1 is being confused with the new Japan's Vintage. I have contacted support.  Has anyone else with Everything Bundle managed to buy it?

960868635_SynthmasterJapanVintageMessage.jpg.860ae9ba7e9832fe80934e8797d6e54b.jpg

15 hours ago, Mesh said:

I haven't bought any of these expansions(yet), what are some of the better ones you guys can recommend (besides Big Tone)? 

The Nori ones are excellent. Possibly the only downside being they are so close to the sounds they are emulating some may find them too recognisable but in the end it's how you use them.

• Like 1