Waves Black Friday Early Access Deals

cclarry

10 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

So when was the last time WUP was on sale? I don't recall that happening this year.

If anyone does decide to WUP, do yourself a favor and check out Koby at everyplugin.com, he is a much better option than going through the Waves site.

I don't think that WUP has gone on sale this year. Not sure I am right, but IIRC it's this time of the year when it does. You know, BF and Christmas sales.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

does Koby need a list of your plugins  and expiry or can you just let him know your waves email address

(just checked the link Larry posted and it looks like he just needs waves registration details)

Wonder how that works with GDPR ?

• Like 1

Yes, he'll need your Waves username/email.   But for the WUP, he will request that you get a code directly from WAVES.   There is an option to generate a code for 3rd Party Dealers.  Send that code to Kobe and request a quote.  Just be sure to check which plugs you are wanting to WUP.

WUP.JPG.948205441331944c5a360a93b25896cf.JPG

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

This has been discussed around, but w/ the exception of bundles where new plugs may be added when updating (of which you may or may not be interested in) is the general consensus that wup is not necessary so long as everything is currently working well on your system? 

Correct.  Lots of people seem to just be giving Waves money for the sake of giving them money.  No need for it if your environment is working.  

Only buy WUP if enough things are broken to justifty the cost.  

46 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Only buy WUP if enough things are broken to justifty the cost.  

You mean to say that eventually someone's system w/ waves plugs will stop working smoothly at some point? Do you mean like, say someone's wave plug(s) was at v. 7, and maybe they upgraded something else like their OS or something and maybe now have compatibility issues w/ the older plug versions? I guess I'm just trying to determine if wup is ultimately inevitable for everyone at some point. 

Edited by Christian Jones

Sure! We know OSX updates can break everything. Sooner or later a Windows update will break something, too. 

Don't forget that paying for WUP often comes with a $$ voucher you can apply to new purchases, too. That helps ease the pain, as long as there's something you can use it on.

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

You mean to say that eventually someone's system w/ waves plugs will stop working smoothly at some point? Do you mean like, say someone's wave plug(s) was at v. 7, and maybe they upgraded something else like their OS or something and maybe now have compatibility issues w/ the older plug versions? I guess I'm just trying to determine if wup is ultimately inevitable for everyone at some point. 

There is no reason VSTs should stop working anytime soon.  However, WAVES doen't have the most reliable install and authrization process.  If you move, add, change there is always the chance something will break.

Waves won't support you to get things operational again if things break unless you pay them.

MAC OS does tend to break things with updates.  Windows only users can have 10 year old VSTs that still work fine.

I would not WUP unless something is flat out broken and even then you should determine if buying new on sale is actually a better option.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 11:53 AM, Monomox said:

I remember a 25% off sale this year 

Confirming what @Monomox said.  I found the e-mail from Waves.  They had a 25% off sale in May 2019.  Not sure how long it lasted.  Seemed like a few weeks or so.