Sign in to follow this  
David Sprouse

Hayseed

Not the kind of hayseed that comes to my mind.  Very classy.  Love all the textures.  Ended too soon.

🙂

Hayseed in my vocabulary is a "country bumpkin", so not at all what I expected.
I don't know why but I'm thinking of some of the scenes from Yellow Submarine here. Before the Blue Meanies arrive.
Interesting piece for sure, but as John said, it just kind of ends abruptly.

Tom

David
I was expecting something out of Hee Haw.
Cool interaction of instruments, like they're talking to each other. Really liked the violin and harp around 1:22.
I think I'd try a delay fx on the harp at the intro.

Nice one David. A calm and engaging sequence which makes you relate to the BGMs of way back yesteryear movies, a silent movie maybe. 

thanks for all the comments.  For those who like bluegrass, check out this band my cousin is in.  He plays the banjo.   Also, didn't mean hayseed in the negative sense.  There's something magical about southern culture and southern hospitality that I've always loved.

Edited by David Sprouse

David,

One of your best so far.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:41 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Hayseed in my vocabulary is a "country bumpkin", so not at all what I expected.
I don't know why but I'm thinking of some of the scenes from Yellow Submarine here. Before the Blue Meanies arrive.
Interesting piece for sure, but as John said, it just kind of ends abruptly.

Tom

The Yellow Submarine thing. Lovely piece.

When I was teaching beginning guitar players the first song I taught them was yellow submarine.  So, I may have some attachment to that movie.  Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my music OJ.  I added a minute of music at the end.  You're the first one to hear it.  Must not have been too offensive.  Everyone said it needed to be longer. :D:D

Ooh - that's different, and lovely mix of textures.  It's good that you kept a simple instrumentation all the way through. Lovely.

Jerry--thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to listen.    

Daryl,  glad you like things waggish.  I do too.

Edited by David Sprouse

Paul, Amiller and Douglas thanks for the comments.  I did make it a little longer.  Not sure why I get obsessed over these little ditties.  I heard Bapu is the same with little ditties.

David, I think you “completed” the piece nicely! I frequently say “your song, your production”; this one really deserved to be “tied up in a nice bow”. Well done. 

T

Fantastic, David!  You're the most unpredictable writer!  I think it's cool that you left them wanting more - a sign of success.