Problems with Bandlab since update

james dyson

Hi all,

1st I love Bandlab it does everything I want from a Daw :)

But after the update strange things have happened the things of which happened with Sonar (Steam version) years ago. The biggest problem is the program will no longer search for VST's purchased since the update. Tried alll options in the software but alas no luck.

If I remember rightly it is something to do with the Windows Registery there was a fix where you deleted certain Reg's but I can find it (That was for Sonar (Steam Ver).

Anyone else have this issue? and does anyone know of a fix as I will not mess about with Windows Reg blindly..

Thank you

Hi, No matter the Plug-in one's used before the update will not show up (The scan paths are correct) I think the scanning part of the software has become corrupt (No expert) it did this on the old Sonar also. Example vsts, Avenger, Waldorf Largo, Omnisphere all of which worked before. Tried deleting Bandlab and re installing etc no luck.

Another issue is  see pic attached, when selecting a new project nothing shows up in the Menu..

Thanks..

I should Add I get around that problem opening an old project and cleaning the project of data then saving it as 'New Project' and just open that,

Cakewalk problem.png

Edited by james dyson

The screen in the image above should show the project templates. The template location is set in preferences. The image in the link shows the default location.

The preference page for VST settings , the link in my first post, has an option to generate a log. This along with adding the locations where the plug-ins are installed may help get the plug-ins to show up.