Nectar Elements is the November PB Freebie

Sander Verstraten

20 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

try the demo first. People are complaining that Union's CPU hungry.

I tried the demo and that was certainly my experience with it. The price is good, UI is nice but the sounds don't justify the cpu hit IMO.

• Like 1

I tried the Union demo and the CPU usage with the factory presets with one instance ran between 15-50% on my system. Never quite to the breaking up point, but I could see where this might be  a problem with several other tracks and instruments.

I like the UI and overall experience with the synth.

Getting anything iZotope usually feels like Xmas morning to me, but Nectar Elements is disappointing compared to the other Elements products.

Usually the Elements suites amount to subsets of the Standard suites, otherwise they work just the same. A suite of top-notch processors, sometimes with a wizard and a bunch of really good presets. You can let the wizard do its thing or call up a preset, then go in and tune the individual processors, or just jump in and work the controls from scratch.

Not so with Nectar Elements. In order to get it to do anything, you have to run the wizard, then you are presented with a set of single slider controls for each of the processors, to control the "amount" of processing. There's no way to get at the modules' individual settings.

(I snagged Accusonus' ERA 4 Voice Leveler to get it)

• Like 1

Yep, this product seems to go too far into automation world... :(

Just for comparison, the very first Nectar Element where after picking preset one can shape things in much flexible way:

nectar1.jpg.958f7e9c1f2013bfd799ec179392f24d.jpg

nectar1b.jpg.04497cbfbf49967ddf5bcf527b18fe19.jpg

Edited by Piotr