Nectar Elements is the November PB Freebie

Sander Verstraten

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

more for voice than vocals

Indeed, it is. "....use the new ERA Voice Leveler to normalize the volume levels of speech or dialogue recordings."

I do a bit of voice recording and I'm thinking that for $9 it might be a handy tool to have around.

This trinket caught my eye as well: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/72-Utility/5046-Reverse

I can do it with clip manipulation in any DAW, but just hitting a button has its appeal.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fleer said:

Was thinking about that one too. Any good ya thinks? 

Edith ponders: more for voice than vocals. 

Well, it's getting BIG love over on the Indie Recording forum.  @marled has a nice write-up on how it stacks up with various others on the PluginFox thread, which I know you've seen....  I'm thinking though, for $9 bucks, how could you go wrong?

• Great Idea 1

18 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I was hoping for something else instead 

Me too.

Taking the doughnut round the hole view....... at least it removes the temptation to buy something else that I don't really need just to get the "free" thing.

1 minute ago, paulo said:

Me too.

Taking the doughnut round the hole view....... at least it removes the temptation to buy something else that I don't really need just to get the "free" thing.

Two times I actually bought what I wanted.    Amazing how even the Kontakt freebies and the under $10 Kontakt instruments start accumulation over time.  I have 2 systems that have over 5tb of space each and it's gotten to the point where Kontakt/Komplete are spread across 3 drives.   Then you have to watch your OS drive because even with W10 that space creeps up.   You have to watch that app data folder since Waves and Live will populate that and so will other plugins and DAWs.  Some will still insist on installing 32 bit plugins. 

Drive space is only cheap when you don't have to buy it.   

Shucks, I'll pop for just about any Pluginboutique freebie deal. The only things that hold no interest are sample packs. I keep a cache of low-cost items in my Wish List just in case I can't find anything else. SoundSpot plug-ins and Hybrid 3 preset packs are good for this. I'm just about full up on AIR and SONiVOX instruments.

I held out hope for a long time that iZotope would eventually put RX Elements up for the giveaway, but finally caved for a $9.99 deal. Glad I did, RX Elements is a great tool.

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Some will still insist on installing 32 bit plugins

Yes, Native Instruments and Meldaproduction I'm looking at you.

They'll also put in AAX plug-ins when you didn't ask for them, etc.

There's a thread over in Instruments and Effects about how to clean up unwanted plug-in installations.

The first time I went through and deleted all the 32-bit and AAX stuff I freed up about 2G on my precious SSD system drive. Native Access complains that I now have a damaged installation but everything still works just fine.