Toongtrack EZ drums wav ?

Paul Bush

Hi, guy, s

So here`s the thing, Im using EZDrums toonrack on my new song so it  plays along  on the first track and is great to adjust while writing in the  fills drum rolls etc now I´m getting close to the  mixdown stage but i dont see any  drum waves in the track veiw , when I eventually click  to transfere onto Mp3 do the insert automatically or do I have to make a wav file of the drum sequence and import it to the track window (view) ? if so Ive ried to copy the wave drum file to o avail , any comments would be helpful cheer´s paul bush

You may freeze or bounce the EZD track(s) to create wav files prior to export but it is not necessary. Soft synths like EZD are rendered during the export process. Some choose to render soft synth audio prior to export for additional processing or to reduce a project's CPU and memory requirements.

Generally I freeze EZD or SD3 when I'm done tweaking the track. There was a time when EZD would fall out of sync during playback. I freeze Trilian when I'm done with the bass track; audio loads faster than samples. Of course with the m.2 sample drive I don't have to "wait" anymore, but I'm a "creature of habit". I always freeze all my synth tracks before final export, but again creature of habit; just me. YMMV

Tom

ps: Once the project is "finished" and sits for awhile, synths are updated, patches change, etc. If I want to revisit the mix, I want audio tracks, not synth tracks that are no longer the same...

Edited by DeeringAmps
additional content

• 2 weeks later...