Soundspot Sale

cclarry

2 hours ago, antler said:

Having a look at the plugins on sale; anyone have any opinions on Oracle and/or Nebula?

Haven't used Oracle, but the reviews are honestly suprisingly poor (not the ones on plugin boutique).

I have Nebula, I tried it out a couple of times but not sure if it ever actually was used on a project.

Unrelated, I've used both Firefly and Glitch on final projects.  Other bus comps are better than Firefly but the fact I can install it on multiple machines I own can make transfering projects much easier than some of the alternatives.  

Glitch was indespensable in getting this "lead/melodyish track" I thought my guitar take was pretty much mundane and worthless without it.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Haven't used Oracle, but the reviews are honestly suprisingly poor (not the ones on plugin boutique).

I have Nebula, I tried it out a couple of times but not sure if it ever actually was used on a project.

Unrelated, I've used both Firefly and Glitch on final projects.  Other bus comps are better than Firefly but the fact I can install it on multiple machines I own can make transfering projects much easier than some of the alternatives.

Thanks Brian: you actually ended up mentioning all of the plugs I was eyeing up.

I was trying to find independent reviews of Oracle/Nebula, but couldn't really find any other than from Plugin Boutique. I've seen Firefly mentioned positively a few times here, but I have so many other compressors now; thought I'd give Glitch a skip seeing as I have Gross Beat and iZotope Stutter Edit. Still interested in Union though.

Cool track, by the way. Going out on a limb here, but is that AAS lounge lizard you're using for keys?

41 minutes ago, antler said:

Thanks Brian: you actually ended up mentioning all of the plugs I was eyeing up.

I was trying to find independent reviews of Oracle/Nebula, but couldn't really find any other than from Plugin Boutique. I've seen Firefly mentioned positively a few times here, but I have so many other compressors now; thought I'd give Glitch a skip seeing as I have Gross Beat and iZotope Stutter Edit. Still interested in Union though.

Cool track, by the way. Going out on a limb here, but is that AAS lounge lizard you're using for keys?

Thanks.

Hate linking something with such negiativity, but seems to be a fair bit of it surroudning Oracle:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=490018

It was most likely AAS Lounge Lizard.  I have a couple other rhodes style emulations or samples but it is virtually always my go to.  

Haven't tried Union yet, but obviously with the price point I'm considering it.  

I bought Nectar Elements when it came out at some reduced price (likely $30), surprisingly it is the only Izotope elements plugin that is "meh" for me.  Would certainly pay a few bucks for it but is the only one in the Elements line I felt $30 was actually more than I wanted to spend on it. 

Edited by Brian Walton