PA Black Friday Weekends

cclarry

23 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Lol yeah not in a million years will that not be a total rip off for that software flanger. That's boutique hardware prices, not for some zeros and ones that's gonna have a resale value of $25 on kvr

PA isn't charging $300 for a software flanger. The ADA Flanger costs $149 which is in line with what UAD is charging for the same flanger emulation, and not unlike the full retail price of the Eventide flanger.

I think they don't want to cross UAD and also the "Illusion of value" principle Larry mentioned. It's a great sounding flanger and worth the $29.99 sale price even without a voucher imo.

I'll stand corrected on the "$300 flanger" as if $149 is a good deal but that's in the eye of the beholder.  I did pay $129 for the Ampeg VR because I needed it right away and I knew it wouldn't show up on kvr for a good while because it's new. Personally I'm not mad about the voucher thing, just looking at how they went about it from a business perspective. Recently I was able to authorize six plugins in one fell swoop that I scored resale for dollars a piece because of that recent voucher hiccup where to make up for it they sent everyone a $50 voucher, and because of their bulk license transfer pricing policy that voucher covered all six plugs' transfer fees. And while that sounds like it was a great deal how that worked out--which I considered it to be--consider that many venders don't have license transfer fees.. So, you know, whatever, just bulls#hit'n w/ y'all, but yeah you give people cookies and then accuse them of eating the cookies people are gonna be pissed lol

17 hours ago, user4325874 said:

It's a great sounding flanger and worth the $29.99 sale

When was this on sale for $29? ( I know and I missed it!!)

When the ADA Flanger came out at $149 I, like @Christian Jones, didn't think that's a good deal. For a flanger? Nope. I don't care how good it sounds!!

As far as the voucher deals, if they stop them for what ever reason I am ok with that. But I read the email "because I did something wrong, like I abused the program and screwed it up for everybody, so we are pulling the plug on it." Did not like it too much when I read it. Then I came here and saw I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

And I missed that damn ADA Flanger sale because I haven't been watching PA stuff as close as I was. Just not interested in a subscription plan, and that seems all they want to push. So the way I see it, they are not somebody I want to do business with anymore. And I spent a lot of money with them. Even with getting $75  for many months.

Oh well, it's done now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grem said:

When the ADA Flanger came out at $149 I, like @Christian Jones, didn't think that's a good deal. For a flanger? Nope. I don't care how good it sounds!!

As far as the voucher deals, if they stop them for what ever reason I am ok with that. But I read the email "because I did something wrong, like I abused the program and screwed it up for everybody, so we are pulling the plug on it." Did not like it too much when I read it. Then I came here and saw I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

And I missed that damn ADA Flanger sale because I haven't been watching PA stuff as close as I was. Just not interested in a subscription plan, and that seems all they want to push. So the way I see it, they are not somebody I want to do business with anymore. And I spent a lot of money with them. Even with getting $75  for many months.

Oh well, it's done now.

waves or eventide flanger does the job like a chief ...don't trip ....

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 11/2/2019 at 6:26 PM, Grem said:

It was on sale during their 'Rocktober' sale. I also have the Eventide and a few other flangers, but the  ADA Flanger has an its own particular and very analogish sounding flavour. I'm sure it'll be on sale once again, if you're into flangers It's worth a trial.

Edited by user4325874