UPDATE NOTES

witch_wyzwurd

I keep updating BandLab and Cakewalk with every new update, but I can't find any info on what the updates are for.

I just updated BandLab to ver. 5.0.2 and Cakewalk to 2019.01 (Build 24, 64 bit). Anyone have any idea where I can find notes on new releases? I follow the link for release notes and all it does is give notes for 2018.11 (https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk/whats-new)

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I think the 2019.01 release must have literally just come out. 

I did a check yesterday, and 2018.11 was the latest version.

I'd give it a few hours until the guys in Boston wake up - the release notes should follow.

But how about for the BandLab app updates, like ver. 5.0.2?

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I've not ever seen release notes for the BandLap app - that's not to say they don't exist - it's just I've not seen them.

Maybe someone else knows?

I've never seen release notes for BandLab Assistant.

BTW, I got "Update Failed" same as last time. So I did download latest installer and install it manually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HIBI said:

I've never seen release notes for BandLab Assistant.

BTW, I got "Update Failed" same as last time. So I did download latest installer and install it manually.

I still haven't found the BandLab Assistant updates.

I have Cakewalk on 2 computers and when I updated BandLab Assistant on both by pressing the Update Button on the app I received the "Update Failure" too. So I was brought to the webpage to manually update. I think this has happened with the last few versions for their app, where previously this wasn't a problem.

So I saw this:

"In addition to exporting Cakewalk projects to BandLab, you can now also export projects from your BandLab library and open them in Cakewalk" 

What does this mean?  Appears to mean that I would be able to look at a Bandlab project (mine or someone else's) and would be able to save that in a Cakewalk readable format, rather than just stems or mp3.

Is that what it actually means?  That would be great for collaboration, but I can't find anything like this oiption in the Bandlab interface.  If this were only for my own projects, I can't see how it would be useful since I'd already have those in Cakewalk format, but if this is for projects on which I would like to collaborate and add tracks, it could be VERY userful.