Octavox Upgrade Offer

cclarry

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Think they are nice effects on synths. So far I have only tested them on synth but they can add some intresting things to mono synths in particular. I have not tried them on vocals so I can't comment.

I use the quadravox on synths and guitars and like it. I just upgraded to the  octavox, but haven't had a chance to play with it.

I bought a synth the other day and had not even checked it out yet. This fact suddenly hits me. So I load up the synth in Cubase and whilst I am at I figure I should check out my newly upgraded Octavox. I add Octavox to the audio insert of the synth and then leave the room to make a coffee. Upon returning, I am half chatting to a friend on messenger, half reading emails and had almost completely forgotten what I was originally doing. I see the Cubase icon and remember, "Oh that's right. I was gonna test out that synth!"

So I pull up Cubase and push a few keys in the PRV editor (this makes the chord options take up most of the display in the inspector, so I can no longer see the inserts tab.) The synth makes a bit of a strange noise, but I figure it is just the default tone. I open the synth's browser and select the first pad preset, figuring I will push a few of the chord pads in Cubase to really hear how this thing sounds. Whilst it was an interesting tone that met my ears, it was a little weird. Not my cup of tea. So onto the next preset. Push a chord pad. Hmmm, this one is weird too. Next preset. It is kind of funky but still almost sounds out of tune. Next preset. Errff what the hell is wrong with this thing?!! Did I accidentally hit the master pitch?... Nope it's at 0.

So  there I am scratching my head for like 20 minutes, thinking this new synth is a POS. I was even about to google whether that synth has any known tuning problems in DAWs.  But instead it turned out I am just a moron and Octavox can definitely make some weird sounds...🤪

• Haha 2