Another Windows 10 Update Problem (I think)

Pete Iverson

I am having an issue that I believe is related to the Windows 1903 update but can't be sure since I didn't actually notice it until several days after the update happened.  Prior to the update, I was able to listen to music via other applications while CbB was open including streams from the internet - e.g., Youtube,  Bandcamp etc. - as well as in applications such as Windows Media Player, Groove Music and Sound Forge.  Post update, I am unable to hear any sound from these apps while CbB is open.  In some cases, (e.g., Youtube) the video appears to be playing but there is no sound.  In others, (e.g. Groove Music) I get a message that says it can't find an audio device.  Once I close CbB, all apps work normally.  

So far I have tried checking and unchecking “Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk Is Not In Focus” and checking and unchecking Exclusive Mode in Window's settings to  no avail.
The problem presents in two versions of CbB including the most current.  

I won't bore you with the details but simply note that the inability to access CbB simultaneously with these various other apps presents some fairly significant workflow issues for me.

I'm not sure what to try next but I was hoping someone here might have a suggestion.

Thanks
Pete Iverson