BandLab Assistant 5.1.0 Problems

Pablo Roberts

I replaced the hard drive in this(my brothers) machine, and done a fresh install of OS and software, drivers, updates, etc... . Everything works properly except for the following:

[1] No option to download/install  Cakewalk,  when  I ran Bandlab Assistant 5.1.0.

[2] Only the add ons were available to download/install, and melodyne was greyed out and  automatically selected to be installed. 

[3] Cakewalk does no activate/register.

I followed the recommended procedure to installing and activating but nothing seems to work. Could there be a problem when doing a fresh install using Bandlab Assistant 5.1.0?

Did anybody else experience this and is there a solution?

@ Jim Fogle: Thanks for the feedback.

" There should not be an issue using a fresh install of BandLab Assistant.  Your description reads as though you may have received a corrupted download of BandLab Assistant.  My suggestion is to uninstall BandLab Assistant, download and install a fresh copy. "

I did re-download it. Still The same issue. [My problem 1&2] I have contacted support who suggested I only download and install Cakewalk via BandLab Assistant. This latest installer does not have a tick box for cakewalk like the older installer when I first installed Cakewalk. I always just upgraded. According to support, the installer is now part of  BandLab Assistant.  It wasn't very clear to me, I thought Cakewalk was missing from the installer. I have supplied a screenshot.

Both BandLab Assistant & Cakewalk installs fine and runs but the real issue is [My problem 3] Activating Cakewalk. It does not matter what I do (rebooting/uninstalling etc..) it just won't activate.

I have already contacted support to let them know it still won't activate. Will wait for feedback after the weekend.

@ Kurre: Thanks for the feedback.

" Was the fresh install from a disk image of the whole computer? "

No, it was not from a disk image. `

BandLab Assistant Installer.png

3 hours ago, Pablo Roberts said:

This latest installer does not have a tick box for cakewalk like the older installer when I first installed Cakewalk.

What is a tick box for cakewalk? I've never seen it since when first distributing of Cakewalk by BandLab is starting. To install Cakewalk, just click install button at the Apps tab and no need ticking Add-ons install.

Seems BandLab Assistant on your screenshot is still having Install button. The issue you have is Install button is not change to Open button even if did installing Cakewalk? Is there a shortcut of Cakewalk by BandLab on your desktop? Have you tried launching Cakewalk? If run it, It's a demo mode?

Edited by HIBI
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2019 at 3:57 AM, Pablo Roberts said:

@ Jim Fogle: Thanks for the feedback.

" There should not be an issue using a fresh install of BandLab Assistant.  Your description reads as though you may have received a corrupted download of BandLab Assistant.  My suggestion is to uninstall BandLab Assistant, download and install a fresh copy. "

I did re-download it. Still The same issue. [My problem 1&2] I have contacted support who suggested I only download and install Cakewalk via BandLab Assistant. This latest installer does not have a tick box for cakewalk like the older installer when I first installed Cakewalk. I always just upgraded. According to support, the installer is now part of  BandLab Assistant.  It wasn't very clear to me, I thought Cakewalk was missing from the installer. I have supplied a screenshot.

Both BandLab Assistant & Cakewalk installs fine and runs but the real issue is [My problem 3] Activating Cakewalk. It does not matter what I do (rebooting/uninstalling etc..) it just won't activate.

I have already contacted support to let them know it still won't activate. Will wait for feedback after the weekend.

@ Kurre: Thanks for the feedback.

" Was the fresh install from a disk image of the whole computer? "

No, it was not from a disk image. `

BandLab Assistant Installer.png

I have the same problem, I'm trying to  download and install Cakewalk onto my second computer but when I click 'install' from BandLab Assistant same thing, no tick box to install Cakewalk, only for the add-ons.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling  Bandlab Assistant several times but still no joy.  If anybody knows of a remedy to fix this problem I'd appreciate it!   I

bluevationer

First is to open Bandlab assistant with a right click and using "open with adminrights".

Second is to click the button that says "install". If you do it on the first install it only installs Cakewalk, If you do it on the second install, that you get when open the menu besides the first install, you will install Cakewalk plus those addons you have marked with the checkboxes.

32 minutes ago, bluevationer said:

no tick box to install Cakewalk, only for the add-ons.

Yes, there is no tick box to install Cakewalk. It's a normal.
You have to check those tick box only if there is necessary installing some Add-ons.

3 hours ago, Kurre said:

bluevationer

First is to open Bandlab assistant with a right click and using "open with adminrights".

Second is to click the button that says "install". If you do it on the first install it only installs Cakewalk, If you do it on the second install, that you get when open the menu besides the first install, you will install Cakewalk plus those addons you have marked with the checkboxes.

Thanks so much for your help,  I finally got it to work. The problem was as you explained in right clicking on the BandLab Assistant icon and opening 'as administrator.' Also for anyone else having a similar problem when I clicked on 'install' a new pop up with the add on check boxes appeared and I  clicked on the install button on that window without ticking any of the boxes.  I'm happy I got it to work so thanks to you and HIBI for your help, I'm a happy camper 

Depending on internet traffic and your internet connection the initial download can take an hour or even longer.  As suggested by others your best bet is to start the download, turn around and walk away from your computer.

Also make sure your computer doesn't go into selective power down, sleep or hibernate mode because of the lack of user activity.

The good news is once the initial download is up and running, future updates are comparatively quick at five minutes or less with only new or modified files downloaded and installed.

@Cahyo Baskoro Check the downloads folder while Downloading... (0/1)
You can open the folder via BandLab Assistant | Gear icon | Clicking three dots at right side of System Folder section and then click "Open folder".

If there is no file, have to check firewall or security apps settings etc.
If there is a file being downloaded and that size is changing, just wait... (maybe need hitting F5 to see latest file size in Details mode on the view menu)