My Annual Halloween Video Post - "The Dark"

Bob Oister

Hi, Guys,

I've been away from the forum for a few weeks because I've been totally swamped at work! 

I'm really looking forward to catching up with all the new posts here soon, but in the meantime, I just wanted to join in with the seasonal vibe and post my usual Halloween video.  Check it out if you can spare a few minutes!

Sincere thanks and Happy Halloween!
Bob

"The Dark"

Edited by Bob Oister
  • Like 1

This kicked ***** Bob - I really enjoyed the whole song throughout.  The solo was very nice.  I liked that breakdown where it sounded like you doubled your vocal.

By the way, what axe are you playing?  Your guitar rhythms and solos sounded excellent.

Happy Halloween! Nice job on vocals too😊

Douglas Kirby:

Hey, Douglas, how are you, buddy?  Hope you're going great!👍

Sincere thanks for taking time to check out this video for me, and also for your encouraging comments, greatly appreciated!😀

I actually had to dig out my studio log from 2013 to make sure, but for the guitars on this song I used the Washburn shown in the video through a Diezel Herbert amp model, and my PRS Paul Allender Signature Model through a Marshall JCM800 amp model in POD Farm 2.5.  The solos were on the PRS.  I used to use the Washburn quite a bit when I was playing live, but I think this was the first time I actually recorded with it.

Thanks again for checking it out and commenting, Doug, I truly appreciate your input, observations, support and friendship here on the forum!😀

Have a Rockin' Weekend, brother!
Bob

• Like 1

mark skinner:

Hey, Mark,

Thanks so much for taking time to check out this video for me, and also for your very kind comments!😀

I'm really glad you liked the candle scene, because at the time I was racking my brain trying to figure out what would convey the feel of the acoustic and vocal break and also be a smooth, softer lead-in to the chorus scene inside the church with the stained glass when everything comes back in.  I originally planned to just shoot some footage with me strumming the acoustic guitar, but then I waited a few days, and the candle idea struck me like a lightning bolt, and it all just seemed to work out.

Thanks again for checking out the video and the very kind words.  Greatly appreciated!😀

Have a great weekend!
Bob

InstrEd:

Hi, Ed,

Thank you very much for stopping by to have a look at the video for me, and also for your encouraging comment😀

As I mentioned to Mark up above, that scene almost didn't happen, I'm glad I decided to hold off and think about it for a few days and didn't rush with my first idea because that and the church scene turned out to be my favorite parts of the video.  And, also big bonus, any scene that my ugly mug doesn't have to be in makes me (and everybody else who sees the video) much happier!🤣

Thanks again, Ed, I greatly appreciate you taking time to check it out and comment, it truly means a lot to me!

Have a great weekend!
Bob

bjornpdx:

Hey, Bjorn,

How are you my friend?  Hope your enjoying your weekend!

Thank so much for checking out the video for me, and for your very kind comments!😀

I truly appreciate your input, observations, friendship and support here on the forum!

By the way, great job on your new video post for your wife's aunt's birthday!  You came up with a beautiful combination of her artwork and a very pleasant soundtrack that fit perfectly with the video.  Nicely done!👍

Thanks again, and have a great night!
Bob

Classic Oister here! I'm lovin' that 5 string bass. And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that "insistant" kick; that's metal.
Of course, great tone and touch on the guitars; its all about the "touch", and you got it!
Great vid as well. Fine production on all fronts, start to finish (love the phone at the end); keep it up my brother!

T

DeeringAmps:

Hey, Tom,

How are you, buddy?  Hope you're enjoying the long holiday weekend!👍

Thanks so much for checking out the video for me, and also for your very encouraging observations and comments!  I truly appreciate your input, observations and support on my stuff!

😁LOL, about the phone at the end, a couple years back it occurred to me that after the decrease in landlines, many Millennials have probably never heard that "off the hook" sound due to the massive increase in use of mobile phones!  Oh, well, there might be a tiny history lesson in there somewhere!

Thanks again, Tom, greatly appreciated, brother!😀

Have a good one,

Bob

amiller:

Hey, How are you?  It's really great to hear from you!😀

Thank you so much for checking out the video for me, and also for that GIANT compliment!!!😀   Even as far back as Blackmore's Rainbow" and right on through to Ronnie's solo band, quite a few of my cover bands did Dio songs, and I've always been a huge fan.

I really appreciate you taking time to watch the video, and also your very kind words, sincere thanks again.👍

Have a good one, buddy!

Bob

Johnbee58:

Hey, John,

How are you, my friend?  Hope you're doing well!

Thank you very much for having a look at the video for me, and also for your input, observations and very kind words!😀

I'm truly grateful that you liked the song and video, and appreciate you checking it out and commenting!👍

Have a good one, buddy!

Bob

Old Joad:

Hey, Joad,

How are you, brother?  It's always great to hear from you!👍

Big thanks for checking out the video for me, and also for your very encouraging words!

I greatly appreciate your input, observations, support and friendship here on the forum, and it really means a lot to me!😀

Thanks again, and have a Rockin' week, buddy!👍

Bob

Wookiee:

Hey, Wook,

Thank you, brother!  I always look forward to your input, ideas and comments on my stuff, and I truly appreciate your support and friendship here on the forum!😊

I sincerely hope you have a speedy and full recovery from your recent surgery, although you must be well on your way because your new song post, "Ghost on the Glass" was really great!  Nice work, John.😀👍

Thanks again, Wook, greatly appreciated!

Bob