Loopback

Mitch

Can anyone point me to instructions on how to stream my spotify music into bandlab so I may recored along with it?

There is a very generic explanation on Bandlab but to vague to work.

I believe this is something call "virtual loopback"???

Thanks Much

Mitch

Be VERY careful doing physical loopback, they can create feedback loops so quickly that they can damage equipment. Do NOT just attempt this. CbB will record to an armed and muted track which is "typically" the safest way to prevent feedback loops, you do not want to reintroduce output back into inputs. Basically you want monitoring and inputs separate, which needs to be understood before trying this. Also, always start with gains at zero on inputs before introducing signals or making/breaking connections.

Before you take off attempting this, understand the above and the details of your gear. I am on a cell now, but wanted to inject some reality before you get into issues that could destroy something. Most physical loopbacks (if not internal) have NO safety features to prevent damage to components.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

Be VERY careful doing physical loopback, they can create feedback loops so quickly that they can damage equipment. Do NOT just attempt this. CbB will record to an armed and muted track which is "typically" the safest way to prevent feedback loops, you do not want to reintroduce output back into inputs. Basically you want monitoring and inputs separate, which needs to be understood before trying this. Also, always start with gains at zero on inputs before introducing signals or making/breaking connections.

Before you take off attempting this, understand the above and the details of your gear. I am on a cell now, but wanted to inject some reality before you get into issues that could destroy something. Most physical loopbacks (if not internal) have NO safety features to prevent damage to components.

Very good advise @mettelus.

I think this video explains loopback functions for your interface.

Edited by Chuck E Baby

Maybe if I explained more in detail you might a better way of achievings this:

I have my drum kit mic'd. Left overhead, right overhead and kick. All routed into my Behringer 404HD which will and does record the drums just fine. If I import a song MP3 I can record with it, drumless tracks work the best here but are apain to get :( anyhow I have an extensive music library on Spotify and Amazon. I would like to be able to import and record with them also, here is the issue there is no way(that I know) to get the MP3 for the songs, they are encrypted as OGG and Cakewalk will not import them as encrypted. This is my issue that I am trying to circumnavigate. Any ideas and I hope this clears this up a little, sorry for any confusion.