How or where do I edit Master bus automation envelopes

Morten

Question

I tried to record a fade out, by automating the Master bus fader, and that worked fine of course.

But how can I edit the automation envelope afterwards, or create one from scratch? The Master bus does not have an Edit Filter drop down, like tracks have.

I'm using version 2019.09 (Build 70, 64 bit) which is the latest one, I believe.

3 answers to this question

Buses have an edit filter drop down just like tracks just with fewer options. Like tracks, they also have automation lanes. Here is an image showing both.

PS6YQpj.png

If these controls are not visible you may need to select a different lens (if a lens is applied try changing it to None)

Lenses.1.2.png

or change the track control manager drop down (try setting this to All)

9wVBrWx.png

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your detailed help!

It appears that my problem is, that buses don't appear in the track view for me. They have never done so in all the time I have used Cakewalk and Sonar before it.

Lenses is set to None, and the track control manager is set to All.

But while writing this, I just found that small button at the bottom of the track list, called "Show/Hide Bus Pane, " and when I clicked on that, the buses appeared at the bottom of the track list, for the first time ever for me... I'm blind or stupid, or both :D

• Thanks 1