Bakers, bread overbacken, or what?

Dare Rihter

On 11/7/2019 at 4:53 PM, Dare Rihter said:

Why I wrote these posts? Because it's necessary to push average programmers nose into shit

So telling the world that a single user with a very poor command of grammar and spelling is having unspecified troubles with the software is supposed to motivate the development team at BandLab to deliver a product that better meets your requirements? Ad hominem attacks laced with obscenities, that's your idea of constructive criticism.

I start with the assumption that the people making the software want the product to work properly, so if something's going wrong with it, I tell them, and they pretty much fix the trouble, sooner or later. When I'm having trouble I also ask other users if they, too are having the same issue to see if it's a problem with the software that I need to report or something going wrong with my computer setup or what.

It's honestly never occurred to me to come here and start insulting the people who work on the product, but to each his own, I guess.

• Like 5

On 11/14/2019 at 7:40 AM, Starship Krupa said:

So telling the world that a single user with a very poor command of grammar and spelling is having unspecified troubles with the software is supposed to motivate the development team at BandLab to deliver a product that better meets your requirements? Ad hominem attacks laced with obscenities, that's your idea of constructive criticism.

I start with the assumption that the people making the software want the product to work properly, so if something's going wrong with it, I tell them, and they pretty much fix the trouble, sooner or later. When I'm having trouble I also ask other users if they, too are having the same issue to see if it's a problem with the software that I need to report or something going wrong with my computer setup or what.

It's honestly never occurred to me to come here and start insulting the people who work on the product, but to each his own, I guess.

Lap pozdrav vsem, 

Before You speak about my grammar, try to write something in my native language, and then we'll be comparable regarding this question. So far, obviously You understand me good enough to comment my oppinions. Or maybe better do not even try with other languages, because I may push Your nose into Your shit. My requirements? Wake up. Read again my posts and You will MAYBE understand what I'm speaking about, and what already reported to the famous bakers. But, honestly, I doubt it. I found already DAW of my choice, so don't bother with smart elaborates about supporting low quality software with endless tolerancy. I wish You happy testing with alpha state software, or work if You use subset of functionalities that works for You.

And ******* bakers and their attitude :) In my native language ****** means love ;) 

Have a nice weekend

Lep pozdrav, Dare

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

To the best of my memory, I never met any Solvenians or heard/read Slovenian.  So I took the opportunity to look up a few things, including Slovenian expressions.  I was wondering if  "Nos ti bom potisnil v drek" or "Gnal ti bom nos v sranje" were idiomatic expressions that are not as rude in Slovenian as they seem to be in English. (Apologies, if I don't have your grammar correct; I don't know your language and relied on a translation algorithm.)

I ran across an article that followed this pattern: Slovenians don't [say] ___________________, they [say] ________________ . Two of the examples given are:

So I am wondering if maybe you didn't intend to sound so rude in English with a more common Slovenian expression that is not as harsh in your language.

Hi,

in fact, as a non native English/US writer is hard to feel how rude are some phrases for You, honestly, for us these phrases sounds/intended more like fun (ok, I admit, spicy) associations, not something intended to hurt anybody :). Slovenia. Most of people are nice and polite citizens (unlike me :P ), so all invited to trip around Slovenia, to enjoy beautiful nature (and learn some fancy expressions). We will love You :) And I'll buy beer for everyone (of course, if You want to discuss passionate about music, photography, computers, programming,  hiking, driving, astronomy, physics, electronics etc) ;).

And please, go on, i see progress in understanding Slovenian. I feel almost like home here :) 

Have nice weekend (Želim vam prijeten vikend). :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starship Krupa said:

Oh thank heaven. One that you pay for, I presume.

I can only hope that it means you will be wasting no more time and energy here.

Yes, but, thanks Me, paying for stable product, God does not participate here, as CW programmers obviously presume in their little heaven :). And please, @Robert Bone invited me to return after some time, so... Just joking this time :)

Enjoy The Music 

31 minutes ago, Dare Rihter said:

. Slovenia. Most of people are nice and polite citizens (unlike me :P ), so all invited to trip around Slovenia, to enjoy beautiful nature (and learn some fancy expressions). We will love You :) And I'll buy beer for everyone 

Yes, Slovenia is a beautiful country, that's very true.

Und an gscheit's bayuwarisches Woizen geht  a imma

Prosit 🍻😁

Edited by mkerl

Hey folks - we are NOT going to get into character bashing in this or any other thread, from or toward anyone, in any direction.

@Dare Rihter is currently exploring other software, to see if it better meets his needs - He has expressed some views in his frustration, that I chose to not react to, and things had quieted down, but while I was out getting into a car accident (not a real one - just got rear-ended by the dealership's service techs - went in for a $100 replacement of my car's thermostat, and they handed me a seriously thick write-up of repairs needed that, with tax, came out to $9,100 and some change).  Anyways, whilst I was out having fun at the dealership, folks have stirred up some stuff here.

Please, EVERYBODY, knock it off - completely.

I stand by my offer to assist Dare, if desired, if and when he chooses to circle back to try to work through whatever his current/recent issues with Cakewalk are/were.

Even if he chooses not to return, I have sincerely wished him the best of success in his musical travels, and with his musical adventures, because THAT is what all of this, and all of what we do, and how we are, is all about.

SOOOOOO - let's all of us chill out, and try to work with each other in a supportive and positive fashion, there is nothing whatsoever to be gained by getting and keeping our individual or group 'hackles' up.

It is all going to work out - if we can do that, so let's keep MY weekend on as even a keel as possible, so I don't have to wade into dealing with a bunch of folks getting into it.  I know I have way too much stuff to do, that should have been done weeks ago, to want to spend any time having to actually moderate folks and threads.  Kewl?

(oh, also, I am NOT spending the $9,100 for repairs to my vehicle, which is $100 more than the $9,000 I had paid for it, used, in the 1st place.  I may be an idiot at times, but I am not stupid - usually).

Bob Bone

Edited by Robert Bone
Finished my story about the car repairs :)
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

People here are too damn defensive.  It's pretty obvious that the OP is not a native English speaker.  His writing makes that obvious.  Also, after Mike B responded to the OP, people should have stopped making insulting posts directed at him.  That's called trolling.

Just because someone has something bad to say about a software product doesn't mean they spoke about your mother.  What is with people and their technological Stockholm Syndrome, these days?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Some Guy said:

People here are too damn defensive.  It's pretty obvious that the OP is not a native English speaker.  His writing makes that obvious.  Also, after Mike B responded to the OP, people should have stopped making insulting posts directed at him.  That's called trolling.

Just because someone has something bad to say about a software product doesn't mean they spoke about your mother.  What is with people and their technological Stockholm Syndrome, these days?

You are telling forum users to...  "stop making insulting posts directed at him" but in the very next paragraph you, yourself insult forum users insinuating they have "Stockholm syndrome" ? 

That sound about right xD

3 hours ago, Some Guy said:

That's called trolling.

I suppose one could argue bumping a 2 week old thread (that all of us wished had gone away) is trolling in its own.

• Like 4

On 11/15/2019 at 9:14 PM, Robert Bone said:

Hey folks - we are NOT going to get into character bashing in this or any other thread, from or toward anyone, in any direction.

. . . 

Please, EVERYBODY, knock it off - completely.

. . .

SOOOOOO - let's all of us chill out, and try to work with each other in a supportive and positive fashion, there is nothing whatsoever to be gained by getting and keeping our individual or group 'hackles' up.    [emphasis added]

. . .

Bob Bone

Amen!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 5:34 AM, chuckebaby said:

You are telling forum users to...  "stop making insulting posts directed at him" but in the very next paragraph you, yourself insult forum users insinuating they have "Stockholm syndrome" ? 

That sound about right xD

I suppose one could argue bumping a 2 week old thread (that all of us wished had gone away) is trolling in its own.

No. It's not. 

But glad to see you are into proving my point. Cakewalk community has always been like this. Probably the worst thing about the product. 

Keep carrying that torch. 

I said technological Stockholm Syndrome. People who aren't re tar ded know what I mean. AT the very least, they would consult a dictionary and think about it for a minute. 

Do you really need an explanation, though?

People here do enough to embarrass themselves in defense of bits and bytes here. They don't need me to troll them to expose it. 

Enjoy utopia. I'm out. 

Edited by Some Guy