Waves Version 11 released!

cclarry

I just checked my Waves account and to renew my WUP would cost $240, so that's not going to happen. 

However, there's an option to upgrade Gold to Gold + RenMaxx for $42.  I am assuming that this will renew the WUP for all of my Gold products as well as adding the Renaissance plugins that are missing from Gold.

That's tempting but I always check Everyplugin and they don't seem to list Gold + RenMaxx so maybe it's only available through Waves direct. Anyway, I will email Koby to check.

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

I just checked my Waves account and to renew my WUP would cost $240, so that's not going to happen. 

However, there's an option to upgrade Gold to Gold + RenMaxx for $42.  I am assuming that this will renew the WUP for all of my Gold products as well as adding the Renaissance plugins that are missing from Gold.

That's tempting but I always check Everyplugin and they don't seem to list Gold + RenMaxx so maybe it's only available through Waves direct. Anyway, I will email Koby to check.

Don't forget that the 31OFF Halloween Code works on that price
(if that doesn't already include it)

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Don't forget that the 31OFF Halloween Code works on that price
(if that doesn't already include it)

It didn't include the Halloween code which worked fine to bring it down to around 29 USD, thanks Larry 👍🏻

• Like 1

Electric Grand 80 Piano come with Gold.  When you upgraded it WUPed your Gold and so you got the full current version of Gold, which (if yours was older) would add the Electric Grand 80 (and most likely a few other things).

You can go through the release notes to see what was added to Gold in the past

https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes#v10

• Thanks 1

They all seem to have a way to try and collect from you in the future. I really like Waves plugins. I'll admit some of the marketing seems a bit confusing sometimes.  I'm pretty much invested in the Waves world right now. No real need to update WUP at this time. I don't consider a 240.00 ish price every 4 or 5 years unreasonable to keep all of my plugins up to date. Likely they will have a Black Friday sale, maybe on WUP.  I'm not paying a large sum every year.

Just because a plugin is expired doesn't mean you can't use it. It only means that it probably has an update or will be due for one. Same as people are still using CW Platinum on older computers....non WUPPED plugs will run for a long time. For me, it's all good. Just depends on how you see it I guess :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Electric Grand 80 Piano come with Gold.  When you upgraded it WUPed your Gold and so you got the full current version of Gold, which (if yours was older) would add the Electric Grand 80 (and most likely a few other things).

You can go through the release notes to see what was added to Gold in the past

https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes#v10

Makes sense, thanks Matthew. 

Does anyone know how to get the new presets?

For the plugins I own which are now on v11 I checked against the Waves list of new presets and I don't see any of them in my presets.

e.g. for Trueverb the Waves website lists

⁃ TrueVerb Andrew Thornton Collection.xps
⁃ TrueVerb Dave Darlington Collection.xps
⁃ TrueVerb Leon Rothenberg Distant On Ocean.xps
⁃ TrueVerb Stanley Soares Live Vocal Plate.xps

Edited by ZincT

I've done a full file search and none of those presets appear to have been installed.  Usually with Waves you have manually load presets into the plugin (from XPS files).  It is maybe one of the worst preset management systems even built for this many plugins/presets.  If they had fixed that for V11 it would have made it worth it.  But no.

None of these new V11 presets appear to have been installed at all.  And their website is no help.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

After upgrade from v10 to v11 some of my standalone Instruments are not working anymore e.g. GTR, Clavinet, Bass Slapper.

Pop-Up message ask for "Select Waves plugins-folder". No chance to get rid of it.

Inside my DAW everything works fine.

Any idea to solve it?

Thanks

Frank

On my system the V10 apps are still there but they won't work and shortcuts I have still point to them.  If you actually start the V11 version  (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications V11\Bass Slapper.exe)  it asks for the plugin directory I point it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V11 and it then seemed to work.  But all my shortcuts are launching the V10 version in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications V10\Bass Slapper.exe but I have no V10 plugins to point it to.  And running it clears the setting for both versions so V11 will then ask again.

Not sure how exactly to fix all these problems but I'm starting with using the Wave Central option to uninstall V10 plugins.  Then I guess I'll go and change any shortcuts I have that point to the old V10 ones.

Update: That seemed to work.  On Wave Central's Settings panel I picked Uninstall V10 Plugins.  That removed the V10 versions of the apps.  I then manually cleaned up all the shortcuts. 

XLbiJd.jpg

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for your help Matthew!

One thing I noticed with Codex (which is v10 for me) is that it asks for the sample folder when running standalone and no matter what I point it to it just keeps asking for the folder. However, if I run it in CbB then it works fine and finds the sample folder! I guess there will be a few bug fixes in the works.

Edited by ZincT

Thank for your help Matthew. So I am not the only one with this problem.

I cannot uninstall my v10 plugins as I have some of them not upgraded.

Hope Waves will fix this error.

Edit: Support Ticket created.

Edited by Frank

I think if you never launch a V10 version of the standalone apps you should be fine, just only launch the V11 version and point at the V11 plugin dir when it starts.  That did seem to work for me, even before I cleaned the V10 apps.  I just didn't want to have those V10 apps sitting on my computer (and perhaps being launched by accident).  I guess I could have just deleted the EXE's manually as well.

46 minutes ago, Frank said:

Thank for your help Matthew. So I am not the only one with this problem.

I cannot uninstall my v10 plugins as I have some of them not upgraded.

Hope Waves will fix this error.

Edit: Support Ticket created.

Frank, that sounds like the same issue I have with Codex see above. I have now just tried GTR standalone and that does the same as yours, not that I ever use it any more but that's beside the point. My GTR is actually on v11 as part of my Gold/RenMaxx upgrade.

I raised a support ticket on Wednesday morning (UK time) about the "missing engine" error popup I get when Waveshell5 is scanned and still haven't heard back (it's Friday afternoon here now). I might wait until I hear back and try to cover all of these issues once I have their support person's attention.

Matthew, when you select the uninstall V10 applications option in Waves Central does the next step allow you to choose which applications to uninstall or does it just do all of them? Thanks 

This v11 update encouraged me to open up Super Tap and get a reminder how outdated and Windows-for-Workgroups 3.11 butt-ugly the UI still is, poor thing.

Lovely company, though, always handing out a freebie every year, and their products seem to be rock solid. I even like the way they make my cursor briefly turn into a spinning 3-D  "W" when they are loading.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ZincT said:

ect the uninstall V10 applications option in Waves Central does the next step allow you to choose which applications to uninstall or does it just do all of them? Thanks 

It gives no options or controls, just removes everything (or claims to, looks like it left a few files behind though).

Usually with Wave's the only way to uninstall one plugin was to either by hand delete things or uninstall everything and then reinstall the things you actually want.  Doesn't look like they have changed that at all.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

It gives no options or controls, just removes everything (or claims to, looks like it left a few files behind though).

Usually with Wave's the only way to uninstall one plugin was to either by hand delete things or uninstall everything and then reinstall the things you actually want.  Doesn't look like they have changed that at all.

Thanks Matthew. Shame they didn't add a "single uninstall option" 👎🏻 

I managed to get Codex standalone working - the desktop shortcut was pointing to an old version so I updated it to point it v10 and it starts OK now.

@Frank, I also got GTR standalone to work.  I updated the desktop shortcut to point to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications V11

then when it opens I pointed it to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V11\GTR       - NO JOY don't use this

- it just continues to ask for the plugins folder.

Then I noticed that there were also bundle files in the folder above that one so selected that one and voilà it worked. So the correct folder to point it at is 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V11

N.B. As you are on V10 you might need to use the v10 equivalent folders.

Edited by ZincT

18 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

So I’ve been collecting Waves on sales through 9 and 10. I never WUP and I pretty much have what I need through them. As far as R plugins, all mine are 9s and never WUPed. Is there any reason I should download 11?

Because you enjoy wasting time trying to get something to work that wasn't going to do anything for you in the first place?

• Haha 1