Waves Version 11 released!

cclarry

This Waves update stuff gives me a big headache! :(

Just updated Waves Central to v11, and I can see that all of my Waves plugins are at v10.

In my online account I can see that some of the plugins I bought last year are still eligible for update, but I think I will just leave everything at v10.

1 hour ago, Grem said:

While it is technically possible to use a mix of products with different software versions (e.g., V9, V10, V11),
we recommend that all of your products are the same version. This provides a more stable environment and
makes it easier to diagnose conflicts between plugins and hosts.

• Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, abacab said:

but I think I will just leave everything at v10.

Ditto.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical but this release is perfectly timed for Black Friday and the 2019 Winter sales.
No matter, I'm not in any hurry to upgrade; it's not as if Waves is going to run out of sales.

20 hours ago, Fleer said:

Version 7=Nov. 2009
Version 8=Jan. 2011
Version 9=March 2012
Version 10=June 2018 
Version 11=October 2019

Wow,  I feel so taken advantage of by Waves.  Version 10 to 11 was such a fling,... how dare they use me like that!!!

They will never get their grubby hands on these dollar bills again... Well,  at least not until their Christmas sale 🎅

Edited by jesse g
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jesse g said:

Wow,  I feel so taken advantage of by Waves.  Version 10 to 11 was such a fling,... how dare they use me like that!!!

They will never get their grubby hands on these dollar bills again... Well,  at least not until their Christmas sale 🎅

IIRC last Xmas sale wasn't that good, it was 2 or 3 years ago when they was selling plugins for $9 but they never did it again, that efficiently cured me from the Waves GAS later on because I waited and waited and waited for another $9 sale... think I will wait again ;)

oh btw I just recently installed waves plugins on another laptop and had absolutely no issues with it, I have selection of v9 and v10, just followed the instructions on waves website

sure I will keep my old versions as they are as I don't see a point for wasting money just for upgrading, can't find a single advantage in the upgrade

seems like money rob

some may like the new GUI retouch but... seriously Waves, another payment for gui retouch and few fixes...?

EDIT: all that is obviously from a windows user point of view, not a Mac user entirely here

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I like the new Waves Central. That's about all I can say as my Gold products are v9 with no WUP left so I am not able to upgrade the GUI of R products.

I have 30 Waves products out of which 9 are version 9 (including Gold), and the remainder version 10 with only 4 of those upgradeable to v11.

I did the upgrades so I now have 9 which are v9, 17 are v10 and 4 are v11. I also cleared the cache (2.5 Gb recovered) and ran the version organiser.

All my Waves plugins (v9, 10 and 11) still work fine after this. 

The only issue I have is when Waveshell5 is scanned I get a "missing licence engine" popup. I press "skip" and the scan completes fine.
I have a support ticket with Waves for this.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 11:49 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

Yeah, this seemed like a ridiculously quick version update. Considering v10 did nothing.

Vast majority of my plugins expired on oct16, fml

I'm sure this update was forced by the Mac OS 10 update...they probably
figured that, if they had to update for that, they might as well do a full
update in the process...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

I'm sure this update was forced by the Mac OS 10 update...they probably
figured that, if they had to update for that, they might as well do a full
update in the process...

yeah, that's what I figured as well. Kinda sucks for a windows user!

• Like 1

So how should I play this situation after just getting into waves plugs this last year?

Abbey Rd Chambers, SSL G Buss - out of WUP.

5 other single plugs in WUP

Planning on buying Abbey Rd bundle this holiday.

I'm thinking it would be nice to have everything at v11 and then I can sit on it forever as long as they work. 

Upgrade the 5 single plugs to v11, pay SSL G Buss WUP when I can get 25% off, buy Abbey Rd bundle on sale and not worry about the v10 Chambers I already have?

Is there a smarter way to play the Abbey Rd bundle purchase?

Edited by Triangleman
clarification

If I were you, I'd upgrade to v11 and lave the others on v10.   I've go v9 and v10 stuff, not eligible unless I WUP - aAnd there's no way on god's green earth that I"m going to trust Waves with 3 different versions on my system when going to 10 was a total headache for nothing... Still, there are a couple of Waves plugins that I'd like to have, but I'm just a bit gun-shy these days.

Some of these guys on here have a clever way to WUP if you're into that sort of thing. But someone smarter than me will have to explain it.  🤔

Edited by mibby

Somehow it worked out that my meagre collection of Waves plug-ins were all eligible for update to v11 except for the much-loved VU Meter. I sprung for the Waves Update a while back, I think it was $15 for the stuff that I had, turns out it's about to crap out next month.

I like the look of the new Waves Central, it's more like the NI version.

Looking forward to the sleek new resizable GUI and slew of presets they've no doubt added to TrueVerb. 😁