Waves Version 11 released!

cclarry

In some cases it's well cheaper select the Upgrade option, instead of renewing WUP.

I can "upgade" Abbey Road Collection for $48 but to WUP all individually wold cost $184.

Also, in my case, it looks that the cost to WUP all my expired plugins is capped at $240.

Edited by Sergio

I like a handful of WAVES plugins quite a bit.

However the "new version" and WUP program is complete and total insanity.  Charging the sale cost of a plugin simply to get support for a pluign that should work in the first place is crazy.  

The updates do not provide additional features, any obvious updates to stablity, etc.

It seems v11 is basically for MAC users due to a new operating system so WAVES decided to make a new version instead of making v10 compatible thus the whole user base is impacted.  

The fact the WUP price will cost you more than you can get in a re-sale of the plugins is also absurd.  

34 minutes ago, jesse g said:

To WUP or not to WUP, that is the Question, ...

Dump Waves, that is the answer!!!

The new Waves Central doesn't upgrade the plugins when you install it.
My plugins still say V9 and V10....if that helps...you have to actually
to their site and upgrade them to get the new version

• Like 1

Here's the info on the Upgrade

What You Get in Waves V11

Full ongoing compatibility with the latest major DAWs & operating systems (including macOS 10.15 Catalina).

New updated versions of all eight Renaissance plugins, including:

Freshly designed interfaces with three skin choices: Light, Dark, and Legacy

Real-time frequency analyzers added to the R-EQ and R-Channel plugins

Complete revision of the R-Channel user interface for more intuitive usage of the channel strip plugin

700+ new presets by leading artists

Free plugins added to selected premium bundles:

Platinum: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric

Diamond: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, Cobalt Saphira

Horizon: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, WLM Plus Loudness Meter

Mercury, Pro Show, SD7 Pro Show: Infected Mushroom Pusher

Plugin performance improvements: see full list.

Access to all other plugin updates since V10.

1400+ artist presets added to plugins: see full list.

EQ Curve support on Pro Tools and Avid S6 for the AudioTrack, eMo F2, eMo Q4, F6, GEQ, H-EQ, Linear Phase EQ, Q10, R-EQ, R-Channel, RS56 plugins.

Set any preset as default preset in all plugins.

NKS support added to 43 Waves plugins for compatibility with Native Instruments hardware: see full list of NKS-ready plugins.

Personal technical support (phone, email, TeamViewer) included in your Waves Update Plan coverage.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

From Waves support.

All of my licenses are Version 9.x or 10.x.

Do you wish to update your V9/V10 licenses to V11?

- Yes, I wish to update my V9/V10 licenses to V11.

- No, I do not wish to update the V9/V10 licenses to V11, and I do not own any V11 licenses.

Do not install V11 with the Waves Central application – stay with V9/V10 software and licenses only.

There is no need to update or change anything as long as V9/V10 is working on your current setup.

Before updating your OS or DAW version, please refer to our Supported Hosts and System Requirements pages to see if older versions will still work, or if you may need to update to a newer version for compatibility.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Access to all other plugin updates since V10.

I just logged into my account and, without thinking about it, I upgraded my two plugins that still have WUP. So now I have two v11 and the rest is v10. It looks like the new WC will handle both 10 and 11 versions.... I hope.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cclarry said:

New updated versions of all eight Renaissance plugins, including:

Freshly designed interfaces with three skin choices: Light, Dark, and Legacy

Real-time frequency analyzers added to the R-EQ and R-Channel plugins

NKS support added to 43 Waves plugins for compatibility with Native Instruments hardware: see full list of NKS-ready plugins

Some of those updated Renaissance plugins do look tasty. Long time coming.

And I dig more of that NKS love.

But I resent WUP.

Deeply. 

• Like 3

The new WC looks good to me!! It has a lot of new features that I can see. Makes it much easier for me to see what I have and don't have.

2 hours ago, Monomox said:

So, what does this mean? Do we need one Waves Central for v10 plugins (WUP expired) and another Waves Central for v11? Or just the latest Waves Central?

🙄

If you look  at the Support/Help drop down menu you will see a link that will take you to all the old installers. Lots of installers. Each one different for sure. But at least it's easier to locate them now.

And my Mercury WUP ended in Sep. 

Here ya go Zo! :)

You get three "Skins" Light, Dark, Legacy. As you can see, they new GUI looks much better and are bigger.

c6K9hYc.png

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 2

Also found out this info from the WC11 Manual, so if anyone is still having issues with running different versions of Waves Plugins there is a tool now included in WC that may help:

While it is technically possible to use a mix of products with different software versions (e.g., V9, V10, V11),
we recommend that all of your products are the same version. This provides a more stable environment and
makes it easier to diagnose conflicts between plugins and hosts.
If you have installed several versions and are experiencing issues after installation or activation (e.g., host
not loading plugins or running the wrong version), run the Version Organizer in Settings>Maintenance >
Version Organizer. This will align the plugin versions with the licenses and move unused plugins to a
separate folder. This does not affect your license and you can continue to use each version.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grem said:

The new WC looks good to me!! It has a lot of new features that I can see. Makes it much easier for me to see what I have and don't have.

If you look  at the Support/Help drop down menu you will see a link that will take you to all the old installers. Lots of installers. Each one different for sure. But at least it's easier to locate them now.

And my Mercury WUP ended in Sep. 

Here ya go Zo! :)

You get three "Skins" Light, Dark, Legacy. As you can see, they new GUI looks much better and are bigger.

c6K9hYc.png

May i ask the same for other , the rchannel is easy to enhance but i wonder if we really gain with stuff like rcomp or rbass ...ect ..

Here ya'll go.  These are a good representation of the new Ren plugins. I like them! :)

664gCkb.png

h4C3joL.png

OSG0z49.png

On the REQ they have a button that turns the EQ bands on one at a time or show all at the same time. And they have an analyzer for the eq too.

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, musical said:

I've been very lucky. A large proportion of my Waves plugins are due to lose their WUP in the first few days of November...

I'd hate to be a Mac user and reliant on Waves plugins.

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Here ya'll go.  These are a good representation of the new Ren plugins. I like them! :)

664gCkb.png

h4C3joL.png

OSG0z49.png

Grem , you simply rock ... thks !!!

ok no so big but at least usable on a touch screen !!

1 minute ago, Zo said:

ok no so big but at least usable on a touch screen !!

I don't have a big touch screen. All I have is a Surface Pro 3. Screen ain't that big. But I could see you using them on a touch screen. More so than the old legacy versions.