Waves Version 11 released!

cclarry

et al - my thoughts exactly.   I think I got everything to V.10 finally (I think) although there still seems to be remnants and multiple files scanned - and now this!

I will wait  till the dust settles, fix some popcorn,  and watch this closely.

• Like 1

All my v9 plugs turned to worthless when 10 came out.  They still don't work.

v11 is not "good news" in my book.  

The updates never really change anything for Windows users except to make old versions suddently not work out of the blue.

(checked my WUP cost out of curiousity, it will cost a few dollars less to "WUP" than I paid for all of them in the first place, all to give me zero new features and the support ot make them work - which shouldn't be required if the plugins and authorization just work as they should)

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

I've got v9 andv10 plugins installed. I'm a bit terrified to go thru the usual PITA of installing,now 3 different versions. No way I'm WUPing any that needs it. Has this been an easy update for folks with multiple versions?

^^^ This ^^^  I haven't bought a Waves plugin for a while now mostly because of the 9-10 update.  I want to get MV2, but maybe not that badly.  Maybe I'll go back and do some more research on "upwards compression" again.  I'm certain I have plugins that can do what MV2 can do...

20 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

So far I don't see any plugins updated to 11.   It's just Waves Central. I installed their freebies on my other machines and the H Compressor is still at 10.

They do have v11 plugins for everything I looked at, which likley means they did nothing to them, but will not support the prevoius version.  

I registered an old serial number I recieved about a year ago, it registered as v11.  

20 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

So far I don't see any plugins updated to 11.   It's just Waves Central. I installed their freebies on my other machines and the H Compressor is still at 10.

You need to login to your waves account and click "Get Latest Version" if your WUP is up to date, you`ll see your available updates.

• Thanks 1