Soundspot Union

cclarry

2 hours ago, mibby said:

Hey, are any of you who bought this last year still using it? Just curious.  :)

I was wondering the same thing.

I tried the demo last year. It had some good qualities, but seemed a work in progress at the time...

35 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I can't get it to stop crackling after loading a few presets and got no response from support so haven't bothered with it much. Seems a bit clinical sounding for me anyway

Hi, the same thing happens to me but not only with Union. Many synth plugins crackle when I load them and use them. But, to my experience, the crackling stops after the track is recorded and the plugin is closed. No crackling is heard during track reproduction. I am a newbie in home recording, so I truly cannot give any advice nor any explanation; but I always thought that the crackling occurs because of CPU limitations. I don't know...

• Thanks 1

The first thing I did was increase my buffer size ie increased latency but that didn't solve it. The same thing occasionally happens in Sampletank and related VSTis but not in any others. There doesn't appear to be an issue with CPU performance looking at the meters in CbB and Task Manager.

My only other thought is that I transferred all my VSTs and their libraries to an external SSD and wondering if the USB 3.1 (old 3.0) transfer is too slow though I understood that it shouldn't really be any slower than when they were on my internal HDD

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

The first thing I did was increase my buffer size ie increased latency but that didn't solve it. The same thing occasionally happens in Sampletank and related VSTis but not in any others. There doesn't appear to be an issue with CPU performance looking at the meters in CbB and Task Manager.

My only other thought is that I transferred all my VSTs and their libraries to an external SSD and wondering if the USB 3.1 (old 3.0) transfer is too slow though I understood that it shouldn't really be any slower than when they were on my internal HDD

What I can tell you is that I have the crackling and all my libraries are in my (SSD!) hard disk. So, I do not think that the problem is caused by the transfer. Another synth that suffers the crackling problem is Vacuum Pro (at least, in my case). On the contrary, Hybrid 3 runs sweetly in my system.

• Thanks 1