Send effects-Im totally lost here.

donegaljoe

Hi there folks,

For what little recording I have done in the past I have used Cubase elements and know the basics on that DAW , but like the look of Cakewlak by Bandlab as well,  would love to be able to do just the very basic stuff on it as well.

Just the usual basic things, record, split a track add insert effects which seem straightforward in Cakewalk, one thing that is completely stumped me though is adding a send track in Cakewalk,  Oh I do know this is such basic stuff which most of you do without thinking.

Say I add 10 audio tracks and then in the inspector I can right click on track one (that I want to use as a send FX track) and open inset send assistant,  I then select new bus, add a reverb effect, give it reverb name and click ok.

I now see that the sends part of track one is now active in the inspector and if I now click enable send in track one it shows up in the master track  as in screenshot in the fx section.

Am I right in thinking I can then select a different audio track go to the little plus sign beside sends on that track and select the reverb from the dropdown menu?

One thing I notice is if I go back to track one again, I do have to to re-click enable send to see the actual plugin in the master track and then click on that plugin name to open the pluigin itself.

I do hope I am making a little sense here but probably not,  so a little help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Joe

cakewalk sends.jpg

I think you'd better  use the console view to see clearly what send goes to which bus. The track view +inspector can be tricky if you are not familiar with CW. Maybe better add an effect on a bus first and name it accordingly, and only then apply the send.

• Like 1

The track inspector shows a track strip and a strip for the track output.

In the image above there is a reverb plug-in on the master bus and a send to another bus in audio track 1. Not sure that is what you want to do.

It might be useful to display buses. To do this, click the button near the bottom of the image pointed to by the red arrow

VgJo6Ob.png

Any number of tracks may be sent the same bus/ Once a bus is created, it will be available in audio/instrument track send and output drop downs.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies.

What I basically want to do is to get me started is (with the minimum number of clicks ) is to set up a send effect and then route a number of tracks to that send effect.

That reverb plugin on the master just appears when I click enable send in track one in the above screenshot. 

Probably what I want to do is (providing it is the easiest way to set up a send) is to use one of the audio tracks as a send effect and then route the other audio tracks to it as the need arises.

Unless of course there is an easier way.

I have done a good bit of searching for info on the net on how to use sends in Cakewalk but so far I can't find something I can get my head around.

maybe it will become clearer if I put some nore work in and help on here.

Thanks again .

Joe

Edited by donegaljoe

To create an effect bus and send several tracks to it, try

• selecting the tracks,
  • hold down the CTRL key and right-click one of the selected tracks and open the Send Assistant,
  • in the Send Assistant, create a new bus and add the effect

Using the CTRL key creates a quick group which allows an action to happen to selected tracks.

Still may want to open the bus area to see what is going on there.

• Like 2

Thanks ever so much Martsave for taking the time and trouble to make the video and all other posters as well. Will have a good look at video in a little while.

Does this seem quite right or not,  as in the screenshot below, called the send tester,

Thanks to all for having a lot of patience with a newbie like me.

Oh while I am posting here just another quick one rather than creating a new thread, is there a quick way to widen restore  Multiple Channel Strips in the main GUI, rather than click each individual one to widen it.?

Thanks again.

joe

tester.jpg

Looks better than the first image.

2 hours ago, donegaljoe said:

Oh while I am posting here just another quick one rather than creating a new thread, is there a quick way to widen restore  Multiple Channel Strips in the main GUI, rather than click each individual one to widen it.?

Select the tracks, CTRL+SHIFT while dragging the edge of one of the selected tracks

• Like 1