New original song - Weatherman

Bevan

Not quite ready for prime time. But you’ve sketched your tune out, now we need to build a solid backing track. If I was producing I might try slowing it down a bit. You’re trying to deliver a lot of words and struggling a bit to my ears. Tighten up that drum track, get the vocal together, and bring it back.  Stay with it. 

Tom

5 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Not quite ready for prime time. But you’ve sketched your tune out, now we need to build a solid backing track. If I was producing I might try slowing it down a bit. You’re trying to deliver a lot of words and struggling a bit to my ears. Tighten up that drum track, get the vocal together, and bring it back.  Stay with it. 

Tom

Yes I'm still trying to get better. I want it at this tempo though, but maybe dropping it by just 4bpm could work.

2 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

At first you sounded like paul mcartney doing *pop sprechtstimme* (if that's a reality. )  Loved your lyrics.

Thanks, I have too many ideas crammed into my head and on notepad files and always used to give up learning music production before because I found it too hard.

1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Promising tune. I think it does need to be slowed down just a bit or you could rewrite the lyrics using fewer words.
The guitar part is really nice.

Guitar part is missing a few embellishments still and needs to be a bit different at least at the interludes, and maybe that version throughout. It was easy to do it using a piano though. Percussion doesn't need a double beat on every repeat, and I need it to alternate between two tones like a timpani but the sound is close to what it should be.

But for now I might just leave it as it is and move onto other ideas as I just need to keep on doing stuff to keep improving.

Edited by Bhavesh Patel