Welcome To My Orbit

kennywtelejazz

Welcome to my Orbit is a little something i just did earlier today , ( Yeah another Twanger C...)

I went for high gain rock fusion playing on this one  ..I only played one guitar track ( w Overdubs )

If you happen to be looking for relaxation in a tune trust me this ain't the one ...😜

I hope you enjoy the ride .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 4

3am Text message “Your flight is cancelled!” Frantic search for alternate flights. Fitful two hours trying to get back to sleep. I was not looking for “relaxation”. You kicked my sorry ***** into high gear and I thank you. Well done my brother, keep it coming, I’m inspired! Just hoping for some serious studio time when I finally make it home. 👍👍 up on this one. 

Tom

evidently $ is recognized by the forum software as an s. My bad... 

Edited by DeeringAmps
Calcification
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2019 at 3:57 AM, CoveCamper said:

Nice, good tones. Enjoyed the ride.

CoveCamper ! thank you.I'm glad you Enjoyed the ride .

On 10/27/2019 at 6:43 AM, garybrun said:

Nice and Funky.
Enjoyed this one too.

Gary , I'm happy you enjoyed this one ...it is so much different than the other tune you were interested in ...

On 10/28/2019 at 5:06 AM, DeeringAmps said:

3am Text message “Your flight is cancelled!” Frantic search for alternate flights. Fitful two hours trying to get back to sleep. I was not looking for “relaxation”. You kicked my sorry ***** into high gear and I thank you. Well done my brother, keep it coming, I’m inspired! Just hoping for some serious studio time when I finally make it home. 👍👍 up on this one. 

Tom

evidently $ is recognized by the forum software as an s. My bad... 

Hi Tom ,

Wow , the only flying I do is herbal y  induced and I don't have to deal w an Airport for that flight plan  😎

It sounds like you were having some night ...

I'm glad you dug my playing on this one and the energy of the tune may have given you a favorable mood change ...thank you for sharing .

On 10/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, mark skinner said:

Awesome again ..   Really like the "bite" in your pick attacks.     Great performance ..     mark

Hello Mark ,

Overall my right hand holds much of the secret to my tone and phrasing.  This is a big reason I ditched modelers and went back to using real amps a year ago .

Thank You !

On 10/28/2019 at 8:28 AM, David Sprouse said:

great lay back music, no worries in the world!

Hi Dave ,

Cool assessment ....I actually find great moments of relaxation when I play my guitar using controlled Emotonal Chaos ...

On 10/29/2019 at 6:31 PM, RikF said:

Hey Kenny, you the man ! Like it. What guitar did you use ?

Rik

Hi Rik ,

It's good to see you back . I'm glad you liked the tune and my playing ...

I won't answer  the question as to what guitar and amp I used nor will I discuss my signal chain at this point .  I prefer to leave things a Mystery ...

I wish there was a nicer way to put it but there simply isn't ..

thank you for the song listen and comment,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

“Overall my right hand holds much of the secret to my tone and phrasing.  This is a big reason I ditched modelers and went back to using real amps a year ago .”

This is so true, it really is the picking hand that is “driving” the car! I tend to use software, but there really is no substitute for a responsive tube amp.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 4:30 AM, DeeringAmps said:

“Overall my right hand holds much of the secret to my tone and phrasing.  This is a big reason I ditched modelers and went back to using real amps a year ago .”

This is so true, it really is the picking hand that is “driving” the car! I tend to use software, but there really is no substitute for a responsive tube amp.

Tom

Thanks Tom !

On 11/22/2019 at 6:42 AM, macce said:

Cool. Great guitar playing.  Nice groove and sounds. 

Thank you for the kind words macce !

Kenny

On 11/24/2019 at 5:05 AM, Wookiee said:

@kennywtelejazz Cool grooving from the kickoff, nice sounds from all the guitars Kenny, open mix, solid drums, bass just sweetly sitting right where it should be holding the groove, Ssssswwwweeeeeeeeet. 

Nice to hear you are mending as well my friend. :) 

Hi Wookiee ,

Yes it is true I'm on the mend ...slow ...slow , very slow...incremental  progress ...When I read what you wrote it helped lift my spirits  . thank you for the kindness .😊

On 11/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, amiller said:

Funky, funky!  Awesome guitar lines and tone.😊🎸

Cool!  I'm  super happy   you dug  this one amiller .

There's a lot more soloing over one chord change where that came from 😎

On 11/24/2019 at 6:50 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Wow. Killer chops with killer tone, and killer just-behind-it delay. Really awesome job, dude.   -Tom

Hi Tom,

I'm real happy you dug my guitar playing and the guitar production techniques I did on this tune .

Thanks for leaving the comment  you left  on my tune  😊 

23 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

Awesome solos man. This song belongs in the movie "Heavy Metal 3. just has that funky, rippin solo feel to it.

Cool song Kenny.

Hi Chuck !  thanks  for the listen and comments . It means a lot coming from you 😊

18 hours ago, Lynn said:

Kenny, this is terrific!  Good tone, good solos, good mix.  I'm going back in for a second listen, and then maybe more.  Well done, my friend.

Hi Lynn,   you want to give  Welcome to My Orbit  a second listen?  where do I send the check   ..lol just kidding around ....

I'm glad you liked what you heard 😊

all the best,

Kenny

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 3:00 AM, daryl1968 said:

wow Kenny - great stuff mate.  You must have had fun playing this

Hi Daryl ,

I had a tremendous amount of fun while playing the guitar on this song ...Playing the guitar like that for me is a coping mechanism  for keeping my sanity 

My life struggles can feel overwhelming  and predictable  so when I play a tune like this I'm trying to punch my way out of a paper bag so I can feel good again  🤣

Oh BTW, sorry to take so long getting back here ...when I cant listen to other peoples songs and participate in the songs forum on a regular basis   I feel guilty if I only comment on my tunes w out giving other peoples  tunes a listen ...so having done a little of that tonight I guess it's OK for me to comer back here even if I'm late to say thank you to you for your comment ...

all the best ,

Kenny

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Hi Daryl ,

I had a tremendous amount of fun while playing the guitar on this song ...Playing the guitar like that for me is a coping mechanism  for keeping my sanity 

My life struggles can feel overwhelming  and predictable  so when I play a tune like this I'm trying to punch my way out of a paper bag so I can feel good again  🤣

Oh BTW, sorry to take so long getting back here ...when I cant listen to other peoples songs and participate in the songs forum on a regular basis   I feel guilty if I only comment on my tunes w out giving other peoples  tunes a listen ...so having done a little of that tonight I guess it's OK for me to comer back here even if I'm late to say thank you to you for your comment ...

all the best ,

Kenny

No problem mate. 

• Thanks 1