"Worth" by Electramode

Stxx

This is a large session of close to 80+ tracks but done entirely in Sonar/Cbb.  I would need some time to prep the session for use as I use many 3rd Party Plugs

All live instruments.

Edited by Stxx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jeeze. That is a crapton of songwriting power and cool cool guitars. And drums.

Here's a nit - around :55 type area, the drums (toms?) are pretty much just as loud as the vocal. I think your mix generally has the pounding of the toms? almost as equally loud as the vocal. For me, I'd drop toms a hair, push the vocal up a hair. You clearly have panned stuff to help this, and generally, I'd say the panning you have done is pretty stellar.

For me, there isn't enough clear center for the vocals to push through and dominate. Pretty close, though. That is one hell of a vocal performance.

Just a few tweaks perhaps. This would be an extremely challenging song to mix! Very well done.

Apart from the mix? What about the songwriting? KILLER!!!!

cheers,

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 12:04 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Jeeze. That is a crapton of songwriting power and cool cool guitars. And drums.

Here's a nit - around :55 type area, the drums (toms?) are pretty much just as loud as the vocal. I think your mix generally has the pounding of the toms? almost as equally loud as the vocal. For me, I'd drop toms a hair, push the vocal up a hair. You clearly have panned stuff to help this, and generally, I'd say the panning you have done is pretty stellar.

For me, there isn't enough clear center for the vocals to push through and dominate. Pretty close, though. That is one hell of a vocal performance.

Just a few tweaks perhaps. This would be an extremely challenging song to mix! Very well done.

Apart from the mix? What about the songwriting? KILLER!!!!

cheers,

-Tom

In hindsight, I do wish I had the vocal up just a little but the track is done and released.  But yea , definitely a challenging one!

• 2 weeks later...