Export a MIDI clip + Correct Tempo

sadicus

Have a MIDI track 200 bpm then the last 2 measures slows to 75 bpm. I only want to export the first measure of the entire song. (it should be 200 bpm)
Select + drag drop to desktop does not preserve the tempo, the entire MIDI is 100 bpm. Win Media Player confirms the Tempo is for some reason saving at 100.

1. How to export just a 1 measure clip of the MIDI data with correct tempo?
  2. is there a way to apply the tempo to the MIDI before "Save As" or Drag Drop?

"Save As "will do MIDI format 0, MIDI format 1, Each of these options are creating all midi tracks in the project, not the single track soloed and selected.

REQUEST: Please put MIDI in export  or right click menu options.

Cbb-MIDITempo2.jpg

Edited by sadicus

First, go into the tempo map and make sure the tempo is correct.

2nd, Freeze the MIDI and associated audio track that outputs it or Freeze the Instrument track

3rd, highlight the timeline you want to export (Beat 1 measure 1 to measure 2)

4th, There is no 4th, you are done.  FYI, Sometimes you need to start a project that has MIDI on Beat 1 Measure 2 and not beat 1 measure 1. 

Thanks for the reminder, Yes I learned starting notes at measure 2 a long time ago. Thank you for the advice tried both without success.
The ONLY way I've found to solve this stupid problem is to:

1. convert the MIDI to a "Groove Clip"
  2. File> Export as "MIDI Groove Clip"
  3. Win Media Player Plays clip at correct tempo and file can now be used in other app or Cbb project with adjusted tempo.

Haha, Because I suk at math, the original 1999 project is at 200 bpm to help place notes. I Am now wanting to move the piano to a new project with a more reasonable tempo yet preserve the tempo map!
Next will be experimenting with Squishing time.
I really appreciate this forum! :)

Edited by sadicus