how i really loved you

thegaltieribrothers

Sure , As far as your song went Yeah I can dig where your coming from ....

Intense feelings w out any sort of reason for the injustices of being left in the dark and having all the feelings of being dumped while having to sort out and make sense of her actions and thought processes ...

It has been a real long time since I had a girl that I really cared about kick me out to the curb and do a little  dance on my heart w her stiletto's ..

Now they just shut me down way before I can even get a hug , a  kiss or even their phone number ...

Kenny

• Like 1

Paul
Wow. Best song I've heard from you. Kind of old school pop tune. After listening for a while I was thinking that right here would be a perfect spot for strings, and there they were. Love the melody - it's stuck in my head now, probably all day. (That's a good thing.)

• Like 1

Hi guys, What a smashing lyric, I love that they fit together and paint a picture without the lyricist thinking, not so much about rhyme although this does indeed rhyme, but the intention ... Must have taken a good lot of hours working this one out to get it right, and I agree with Bjorn when he says this is one of your best.

It think the mix may need a tweak here and there as I felt the reverb was a little to wet on the guitars and the vocal ( Did you use the same type for Vox and guitar ?) could be a lot dryer but with a longer delay so separating that lovely backing from your voice. Peter Asher ( Jane's brother ) of Peter and Gorden fame, had the same kind of vibe to his songs back in the 60s  ....nice one ... thanks for the post I really enjoyed it ... I'll go have another listen now 👍

ATB Steve

Edited by SPAK
  • Like 1

Hey Paul ---- this is a heartfelt and beautiful song.  The lyrics really express strong introspective emotions and the melody certainly brings that message home.  I really like the acoustic guitar work and the introduction of the other instrumentation as the song went on.  Your vocals really complemented the message of the lyrics.  I agree with SPAK above --- this does have a touch of the Peter and Gordon vibe.
Nice one!!!

• Like 1

I'm going to disagree with Douglas on the drum levels, a ballad like this I think its fine (I'd actually pull the bass down a bit).
Mixing is such a personal thing and is there really only one right mix on any tune?
Definitely a 60's vibe, Peter and Gordon, sure why not.
I like it!

Tom

• Like 1