IK Modo Bass for $99

cclarry

3 hours ago, musical said:

Just paid £71.90 using a fee-free credit card and 30 jam points with the wretched VAT (comes out as 83.99 euros).

Good deal but will be annoyed if it goes cheaper on Black Friday.

This is the cheapest I've seen it. I don't think it will go cheaper on BF. 

• Like 1

Also, IKM is very disciplined with their pricing. If I wasn't happy with the bass VSTis that I have, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. 

This is so cheap, it makes me think v2 may be coming? Or they're feeling the pinch of the competition? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and this is not such a big deal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

At this time I see no plans for it to be lower for Black Friday.

I was going to point out. Last few BF, the deals leading up to BF were better than the BF deals themselves. And I am not just talking about IK.

I think the marketers have figured out that there are lots of uniformed buyers who will buy on BF just because it's BF. So they don't give the deals that they use to give.

• Great Idea 3

15 minutes ago, Grem said:

I was going to point out. Last few BF, the deals leading up to BF were better than the BF deals themselves. And I am not just talking about IK.

I think the marketers have figured out that there are lots of uniformed buyers who will buy on BF just because it's BF. So they don't give the deals that they use to give.

...or that Black Friday is saturated.     Our Krazy Deals might top some BF deals but we should have some nice surprises in there on Black Friday too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Monomox said:

Also, IKM is very disciplined with their pricing. If I wasn't happy with the bass VSTis that I have, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. 

This is so cheap, it makes me think v2 may be coming? Or they're feeling the pinch of the competition? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and this is not such a big deal.

I've just been playing with it and it is absolutely fantastic. As good as nearly everybody says and musically inspiring. For $70 with 30 jampoints it is a complete no-brainer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

...or that Black Friday is saturated.     Our Krazy Deals might top some BF deals but we should have some nice surprises in there on Black Friday too.

Yes, last year it was pretty obvious that vendors went early with their sales to try to capture the available revenue early. Expect vendors to run sales prior to Black Friday and then repeat them if ended beforehand on Black Friday itself. That way they get two potential bites - those who went early and those who waited.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, musical said:

I've just been playing with it and it is absolutely fantastic. As good as nearly everybody says and musically inspiring. For $70 with 30 jampoints it is a complete no-brainer.

Agree with everything you say! Wait 'til you try the slide bass. One of the best sounding slides in a bass plugin imho. Used it in a track recently. There's actually two ways of doing it but I just used the pitch wheel method. 

Edited by ZincT

11 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Agree with everything you say! Wait 'til you try the slide bass. One of the best sounding slides in a bass plugin imho. Used it in a track recently. There's actually two ways of doing it but I just used the pitch wheel method. 

Yes, was playing with the slides.

The download for all these different basses was tiny in comparison with even one sampled bass. Even just Evolution Rick takes up nearly 5GB of my hard drive. And costs $99.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monomox said:

OK, so I logged into my IKM account and it shows $24 Jam Points. Ooooooh boi.... oooooooooooooh boi, oboi,oboi,oboi

This is it guys, I'm getting MODO, I mean I'd be losing money otherwise, right?! 

You know you want it. You know you really want it. You know you really, really, really want it. 

CLICK THE BUY IT BUTTON!  😀

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, Monomox said:

OK, so I logged into my IKM account and it shows $24 Jam Points. Ooooooh boi.... oooooooooooooh boi, oboi,oboi,oboi

This is it guys, I'm getting MODO, I mean I'd be losing money otherwise, right?! 

You can download the demo first...

Though, to be fair, there aren't many VSTis that make me think 'Wow!'

Edited by musical
Update
  • Like 4