Ujam ℹ️ Virtual Drummer Update

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Ujam ℹ️ Virtual Drummer Update
40 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

This fails on install for me - says I need to close my DAW. My DAWs are all closed.

What else might DAW stand for? lol

Doing Anything Wrong

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Luc said:

Thanks for posting because this was the e-mail I got...

image.png.eaea16a79e29640893126b3b396e6d2a.png

(I'm Canadian and usually use the Website in English)

I got this English version AND this version. Neither worked for me.

I must have been Doing Anything Wrong. lol

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

I got this English version AND this version. Neither worked for me.

I must have been Doing Anything Wrong. lol

I had that error too. I think somehow my installs got borked up.

I manually deleted all my installs and started over making sure I used the app to put the downloaded installers in an isolated place in the settings. Then for every one that errored on new install (some did, some didn't) I went to the downloaded installers folder and ran it from there.

Long and convoluted and this was about a week ago. These new VD updates went without a hitch.

Edited by Bapu
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

I had that error too. I think somehow my installs got borked up.

I manually deleted all my installs and started over making sure I used the app to put the downloaded installers in an isolated place in the settings. Then dor every one that errored on new install (some did, some didn't) I went to the downloaded installers folder and ran it from there.

Long and conoluted and this was about a week ago. These new VD updates went without a hitch.

My UJAM installations always break after any updates. Not sure why.

The DAW hangs every time I try to launch any of the UJAM updated plugins.  Had got them working by reinstalling them but with this update it appears to have developed the same issue again.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kal S said:

My UJAM installations always break after any updates. Not sure why.

The DAW hangs every time I try to launch any of the UJAM updated plugins.  Had got them working by reinstalling them but with this update it appears to have developed the same issue again.

This update did not affect my usage of the updated products. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

This update did not affect my usage of the updated products. 

I am pleased that they implemented the MIDI out.  I only have a couple VD titles, and I tend to use EZD3 or others for acoustic drums, but I am looking forward to UJAM adding the MIDI out to the Beat Maker and especially the virtual pianos & guitars.  You can drag and drop entire MIDI phrases, but the fun of the Virtual Pianos & guitars is jumping among phrases "live" mid-measure.    You can capture the trigger notes with mid-phrase changes, but not the actual played MIDI data (yet).  Anyway- agree that I won't be using the VD stuff any more often, but optimistic for some of the other VIs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Last few days I have been trying out my VD Solid. I have played with it before, but never really sat with it to get something I was after. Like Brian, I just enjoy playing around with the different licks!! Real good fun. 

Anyway, I am starting to get a good grip on how to make them work. And I was using Sparkle 2 with it. (I never gave Sparkle much time at all). But I am coming up with a good way to get these two to work together.  I know they were made to go together, but like I said, I have only played around with them. Never really tried to do any work with them. 

I really think that is going to change.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, topaz said:

Looks like the data (sound) files are different and need to be uninstalled before updating. 

Huh? Why do you think you need to uninstall before updating? I updated fine without uninstalling.

7 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Huh? Why do you think you need to uninstall before updating? I updated fine without uninstalling.

Because after the update the old library data was still there and the plugin would not load.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topaz said:

Because after the update the old library data was still there and the plugin would not load.

That's how I solved the issue at my end too, after a lot of trial and error.  The earlier data file (*.blob) was just a single file but the new updates are installing as two files (part 1.blob and part 2.blob). Though the combined file size of the two new files adds up to the same as the earlier one.

Instead of deleting the earlier version I renamed them to *-old.blob (* being the acronym for the product) and now the update works fine.

• Thanks 1