Replace drum list with PRV

Leighton Cooper

Question

I'm actually beginning my song writing.  I want to take the drum patterns to the other instruments but when I copied the drum pattern, it brought the drum list along with it.  I want to change that to a Piano Roll but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.  Then I will move the synth part to the notes on the scale I want to use but I want them to sit on the drum rhythm.  and the other part on that pattern  that are left over , I will delete.    Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

OK I want to add to this,  when I copied the drum part I thought it would just copy the midi rhythm notes but instead it brought the actual drum kits  along with it into the vst that was designated for a synth .  I probably should redo the track from the media browser instead of copying and pasting  from the drum part.  So I'll try that.

OK I looked a track manager but I don't see any way to insert a new synth between 3 and 4 which is where I would like it to  sit because it will trade off with Cobalt,  The one I want to put is the Kawai K3 vst.  But I don't see an option to pick the placement for it.   Does it always have to be inserted to the bottom?  

After adding the track at the bottom, you can drag it to the desired position. There are several hotspots on the track where you get the 'move'  tool; I usually hover just to the right of the track name field.

Routing to a drum map is determined by the Output assignment of the MIDI track. Copying a MIDI clip to a new track can't bring a drum map assignment with it.  It sounds like maybe focus is still on the original track in the PRV...?