Trouble reinstalling Cakewalk

SynthManDan

I can’t get Cakewalk to reinstall.  I uninstalled and redownloaded the Assist App on my computer.   Logged in, went to install, and it just sits there saying “downloading 0/2” and doesn’t download the program.

I did an uninstall of the DAW prior, but now even the Assist App after reinstall is acting up.

Thx!

3 hours ago, SynthManDan said:

I can’t get Cakewalk to reinstall.  I uninstalled and redownloaded the Assist App on my computer.   Logged in, went to install, and it just sits there saying “downloading 0/2” and doesn’t download the program.

I did an uninstall of the DAW prior, but now even the Assist App after reinstall is acting up.

Thx!

I hope someone has some info to help with this. I am having the same problem with a new install for a friend...

5 hours ago, SynthManDan said:

Thx!

Hi Dan...

Second win 10 machine I ran into this. On both machines, i waited long enough and tho the progress bar never appeared, BA eventually showed install again, but the file did downloaded to the bandlab assistant download folder in %appdata% and running it manually installed fine though I had to run BA again to get it authorized.

Someone must know which setting to change so that win10 allows it to run as expected?

Edited by Keni

2 hours ago, SynthManDan said:

I’m wondering if the last Windows update is causing problems.  I had it on my laptop before, but recently did a major clean up and reinstall of a few things, but Cakewalk isn’t wanting to install now.

SMD

Did you try what I did? I left it downloading showing zero progress for near an hour before it changed back to the install button, then manually launched the update which did download to the %appdata% area during that.

53 minutes ago, SynthManDan said:

Install worked without add-ons.  Interesting....

SMD

Manual install?

It seems as though it might be win10 security not allowing programs to autorun after downloading.

Cakewalk is already permitted in firewall so I tried to add bandlab, but even in %appdata% I didn't see a bandlab.exe anywhere so it must be running with a different relationship to the OS?

The interesting thing is that I ran a Windows update as well prior to trying it again without ads-one.

My computer for music production isn’t used for anything else.  I only go online with it for updates to music software, and when I’m installing new VST’s.

Perhaps it was a Windows 10 issue prior to the update I did.

SMD

3 hours ago, SynthManDan said:

The interesting thing is that I ran a Windows update as well prior to trying it again without ads-one.

My computer for music production isn’t used for anything else.  I only go online with it for updates to music software, and when I’m installing new VST’s.

Perhaps it was a Windows 10 issue prior to the update I did.

SMD

Interesting. I had my problem on one machine updated immediately before and the other a brand new dell. I think it is/was up to date as it's set to auto update as I can't find a way to change that. I don't have a win10 machine myself so the only time I get in win10 is while helping friends...