AA | ACQUA SCARLET4

Hidden Symmetry

SCARLET4 is a VST/AAX/AU plug-in suite specifically tailored for mastering engineers. It brings you the sound of two celebrated, specialized mastering devices designed in the '70s by two legendary pioneers, considered the most ingenious minds in the field of music recording technology.

Scarlet4_head.png?1571221439

List €169.00
DISCOUNT PRICE: €76.05 (-55%)
https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/scarlet

14 minutes ago, Zirrex said:

I tried comparing it to The T-RackS Master EQ 432.
At blind teset I guessed 50% T-RackS, but thought it was AA. 🙂
What about you?

reaper_2019-10-25_14-54-55.png

I LOVE the IK 432...it's definitely has that "Magic"...so if the AA is equally as good, 
then I'd have to compare CPU load of each and determine which was "more viable".
AA has a history of being CPU heavy hitters...but the plugins are sooo good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

AA has a history of being CPU heavy hitters...but the plugins are sooo good.

If you are using the program Studio One then it will be a big load СPU for AA plugins. In Reaper all perfect, Cubase is good too.
The question is: do I need to buy another similar plugin if you can't hear it working completely? 😉
I have AA Sand-3, Taupe, Diamond EQ - this is plug-ins I love and I hear and feel their work.
As for this plugin, I have my doubts. However, I do not mind 65 euros (additional coupon -15%) for a good alternative to the T-RackS Master EQ 432 plugin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zirrex said:

I tried comparing it to The T-RackS Master EQ 432.
At blind teset I guessed 50% T-RackS, but thought it was AA. 🙂
What about you?

I demoed IK & the 2 AA models on a few 96k source mixes, all are very good. The lo end was similar although I had to push AA's a few db's more to get up to level. I preferred the mid cuts on AA, a bit cleaner but it was the high end on Scarlet where it was the 'clear' winner.
Starting around 10k IK's gave me noticeable ear fatigue right away. With AA's you can really push it remained crisp & tight, esp. around 16k.
 As far as CPU & mastering there were no issues, no more than using Ozone or IK Tape. I didn't try it mixing on the 2 bus. I preferred the Scarlet Classic model overall.

YMMV

I already have AA's Ivory & CDS's Sontec so not sure if I'll pick it up but it's a great price at $40.00.

13 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I already have AA's Ivory & CDS's Sontec so not sure if I'll pick it up but it's a great price at $40.00.

40$ for what? ;)

ACQUA - Ivory4.
I am considering this AA plugin for purchase and it seems to me very similar to ACQUA SCARLET4

Edited by Zirrex

Perhaps someone has coupons with a good discount that he will not use? 😉

16 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

CPU usage in Studio One @ 44.1 kHz

ASIO buffer? CPU model/core? Dropout protection: Mini/Max?

The Reaper is much less. Considering that I had a lot of additional plugins in the Ripper, but the load did not rise above 6%.

Ryzen 2700X, 32RAM, Windows 10 (Custom Lite)

Studio_One_2019-10-17_18-39-33.png

Studio_One_2019-10-20_04-42-39.png

reaper_2019-10-17_19-21-19.png

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Correct, I use my personal discount code on top of the intro offer.

Do you remember what are thresholds for next discounts bands? 

I know only about the very first 1-300$ spent which gives 15% voucher from time to time...

29 minutes ago, Zirrex said:

Perhaps someone has coupons with a good discount that he will not use? 😉

ASIO buffer? CPU model/core? Dropout protection: Mini/Max?

The Reaper is much less. Considering that I had a lot of additional plugins in the Ripper, but the load did not rise above 6%.

Ryzen 2700X, 32RAM, Windows 10 (Custom Lite)

Studio_One_2019-10-17_18-39-33.png

Studio_One_2019-10-20_04-42-39.png

reaper_2019-10-17_19-21-19.png

i7 5820k,3.30 GHz, RAM 32GB, ASIO Buffer 1024

Can't check the dropout protection atm. I have Reaper but don't use it. Cubase, CbB for projects,  S1 for mastering.

Guyz reaper cpu and studio one don't show the same thing , reaper is the real cpu usage , studio one show the single core (thread) cpu usage , it is to show when you can get a dropout , basically in sonar aor reaper sometime you can get a dropout while at 45 % of cpu witch in fact is an average , one cpu must have gone nuts ...

it happens with some not so goog multithread plugin or when you stack a tone of plugin in the same channel ...

That said , yep S1 is like PT : bitching when it come to audio engine soilidity /..

Oh yeah , about the plugin , even free i would use the IK , cpu hit , stability !!

Edited by Zo

I've been tracking & mixing in real-time & not having any problems with the CPU on my normal (large) projects. ( Cubase, CbB, S1 mastering) It's very stable here plus it sounds great, better than IK's.

Although you could use it on tracks it's a mastering eq. How many instances would you need? I use one instance  on the 2 bus for mixing  or 1 instance in S1 for mastering.

Even on my 3 year old i7 5820k AA plugins are running really well & they get better with each Core release.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Zo said:

Guyz reaper cpu and studio one don't show the same thing , reaper is the real cpu usage , studio one show the single core (thread) cpu usage , it is to show when you can get a dropout , basically in sonar aor reaper sometime you can get a dropout while at 45 % of cpu witch in fact is an average , one cpu must have gone nuts ...

Studio One can show all that anywhere but in Cakewalk project playing, in Reaper project playing. Studio One 4.5 is not playing. 🙂

• Like 1