Bats Brew Halloween Music video.....turn it up!

bats brew

18 hours ago, John Maar said:

Coolio!

I watched the original Wolf Man movie (1941) as a youngster in the mid-50s. It was the first movie that kept me awake all night. For 2 or 3 nights running. Scared the sleep right out of me.

hey john!

yep, wolf man....that's the one that inspired this.

story background:
it's a little ditty about 2 brothers and a lycanthrope.......

it's loosely based on the original wolfman movie, the one where larry talbot gets bitten by the werewolf, 
and he see's the pentagram in his hand; he knows he's phucked, 
so he goes to the old gypsy woman who knows about these things, 
to find a cure, and she basically tells him the only thing for him to do, is to kill himself...... 
quite the bum deal.

anyway, these 2 brothers have been partying all night, drunk as skunks, 
and one of them staggers out into the moor, and proceeds to meets his maker.

the remaining brother wants revenge, but has sobered up now, 
and figures out that he'd better get some kind of ammunition... 

....so he goes to see the gypsy-witch, to get some aconite (wolfsbane) and a spell here and a prayer there, 
and believes that he is well prepared, and he goes out to the moor to get his revenge.

but that's not what he gets......

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

As always Bat this is brilliant! The writing, performance, production, the video. I’m a fan, what more can I say. Thanks for posting, and keeping the bar high. 

Tom

alright tom!

i'm glad you dig my stuff,

this tune was just a fun thing i wanted to do,

but it got pretty adventurous, with 12 guitar parts at one time at certain sections.

I once though this wasn't really my kind of thing but I've changed. Really. And you've done it.

The production is so good and the arrangement so tight I simply get pulled into total appreciation mode.  When I see a batsbrew posting I know it's going to be impressive. Thanks for sharing your stuff.  - Dan

21 hours ago, Sailor55 said:

I once though this wasn't really my kind of thing but I've changed. Really. And you've done it.

The production is so good and the arrangement so tight I simply get pulled into total appreciation mode.  When I see a batsbrew posting I know it's going to be impressive. Thanks for sharing your stuff.  - Dan

hey sailor! glad you dig this one,

it was a fun one to track, and to play and sing.

this arrangement was probably the 5th version of this song,

so a lot of thought and experimentation went into the final version.

and the reason for getting it tight, was exactly as you described...

getting 'pulled in'.... when you forget about it, as you're listening to it, that's my goal.

A little late for a Halloween listen, but no matter...     😊

Yeah, it's what I would expect - ya just never disappoint.     I liked that multi-track scream before the breakdown section.    And the outro - that's some nasty stuff.