Is a BandLab region the same thing as a Cakewalk Loop?

yeto

Question

Is a Cakewalk Loop the same thing as the online BandLab region? In other words I would like to take a bar/measure and enter notes using piano roll for a Gm7 and then name that bar/measure Gm7 so that any time I need that chord in a song I can copy and paste the region/loop. Would I use the loop feature in Cakewalk or is there a better method? 

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

1 answer to this question

Creating MIDI loops for chords will work. Use the Media Browser to store them in a folder in the MIDI Groove Clips (a predefined area in the Content Location menu) or anywhere you like. You can extend the Media Browser as you see fit, add folders, create new entries in the Content Location menu, drag and drop MIDI and audio clips from your project into folders....

Ultimately if you spend any amount of time in the Piano Roll View, you will get a keyboard controller for data entry. Does not have to be expensive, have a lot of keys or control options, Just something to bang in the notes. Of course, if you play keyboards the size and feel are issues. If not practically anything beats using a PC keyboard, mouse and copying loops when entering data in the PRV.