Just ran into this - Genesis

craigb

I guess I'm not allowed to embed this video - so, you'll just have to click the link!

Some people are Peter Gabriel Genesis fans, some are Phil Collins Genesis fans.  I'm a fan of not only both, but of all the individual solo careers too!

I can also say that, looking back, I'm content with not going down the rock & roll stage performer path.  What a tough road that is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think one of the best concerts I've been to in  the last 25 years was seeing Steve Hackett about 2 years ago. Just very musical with minimum pomp and hype. I would recommend it to anyone into Genesis as well. Though he touched on a few favorite Genesis tunes it was just classic great prog - ish classical rock music. I still can't describe that genre worth a damn after 40 years.

Also - catch a  " Musical Box "   the band -  concert if you can. I think I've seen them 7-8 times and they're the best Tribute you'll find.

Edited by RBH
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 12:40 AM, RBH said:

I think one of the best concerts I've been to in  the last 25 years was seeing Steve Hackett about 2 years ago. Just very musical with minimum pomp and hype. I would recommend it to anyone into Genesis as well. Though he touched on a few favorite Genesis tunes it was just classic great prog - ish classical rock music. I still can't describe that genre worth a damn after 40 years.

Also - catch a  " Musical Box "   the band -  concert if you can. I think I've seen them 7-8 times and they're the best Tribute you'll find.

+1 to this - I saw the Genesis Revisited Tour Steve did in 2018 at TSH Birmingham and was completely  blown away. I have been a fan of Steve Hackett all the way back since he left the band and thinking about that concert still gives me goosebumps. One incredible and unforgettable night, it was a privilege to be in the audience. 

Andy