Tales Of An Almost Forgotten Yesterday

kennywtelejazz

Hi All ,

Tales Of An Almost Forgotten Yesterday  is a little song ditty that I just did this weekend ...( Ouch that pic is not doing the song Justice ...sorry bout that ...lol)

This song started out life as a generic E Major Country Blues Progression  Backing Track I had gotten from  Twanger Central .... 

The B.T. is from this week... Week 218 and the unaltered baking track can be found in my songs description over at S C .

I added a whole bunch of instruments and guitar parts to put my own stamp of musical destruction on to this track  ...

This song project was done all in Cakewalk by Band Lab w the exception of a pedal steel and piano part I had done over in BIAB and brought it into my Cakewalk project .

I don't usually get to play Country .... when I do I enjoy playing  it ....

I sure hope someone here also enjoys this for what it is ...

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 4

Kenny
I enjoyed listening to your song quite a lot. To me it has that melancholic homesick mood to it which you captured quite well. I downloaded the backing track you mentioned and I'm going to play around with it. Also, in the SC photo, are you standing in front of a mural somewhere in Portland, OR? Pretty sure I've seen that somewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Kenny
I enjoyed listening to your song quite a lot. To me it has that melancholic homesick mood to it which you captured quite well. I downloaded the backing track you mentioned and I'm going to play around with it. Also, in the SC photo, are you standing in front of a mural somewhere in Portland, OR? Pretty sure I've seen that somewhere.

Here is my production of this song minus the lead guitar as a downloadable CD Quality file ...( non dithered )

Have fun

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 3:43 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Pedal steel from BIAB, very nice. Tell me you did the swells on the Tele not the Paul. Beautifully done, kudos to ya. Very much enjoyed this. 👍👍

Tom

Hi Tom ,

I'm glad you liked this one ...if you want you can give it a go since I posted my backing track

Yes BIAB can come up with a few musical parts here and there that can bring a tune up a notch ..

I liked to play slide in the past but there is no way I could have played a slide part that trumps the BIAB pedal steel I used on this track ...

OH BTW , I didn't mean to jump the line and post an answer on a later post than yours ...I had decided to make my Backing track w no lead guitar available for download to whomever feels like giving it a go....I gave it to the Twangers 🤣 and now it is here in my thread ...

I used my mid 80's Fender Esquire MIJ on the few chordal parts I played ...I had decided I wanted a more modern non twang tone . For my lead guitar part I used a Mustang w a bridge Humbucking PU into my amp ....easy pinky volume swells on this guitar ...and that 's as far as that info goes ..

thanks for the listen .

On 10/22/2019 at 5:26 AM, RikF said:

Hey Kenny, nice,very nice.

Rik

Hi Rik , nice to see you back around here ...I like the sound of your new guitar ..thanks for giving my tune a listen .

On 10/22/2019 at 6:34 PM, bjornpdx said:

Kenny

Hi Bjorn ,

I'm glad you dug my sounds ...

I answered you yesterday first in my thread to get you my backing track... I had already mixed and posted it up on my Sound Cloud right before I came here to see if I had any listens

The tempo of the song is 66 BPM. if you place the BT 's start at bar 3 you will have a mix of my multi track the same as what I had to work with ...

also if you decide too you will have a correctly lined up project time line if you place the other BT at bar one ..then you can bounce between my BT and the BT I listed on SC ..

My Pic is something I came up with creating photo's where I nick a bunch of different artisic things I get on line and place them all in the same photo...

it used to be my old avatar on the old forum . The photo is a combination of Corpse Bride as my woman wondering how the heck she wound up with me combined with a Haunted house  and a couple of Iconic Monsters thrown into the Mix ...

hey it was nice talking w you

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

I am not a country fan, not so much because of the music but the singers, (sorry country singers), however this is an example of everything that is good about country.

This is nice I enjoyed the laid back groove and sweet playing BIAB or what.  Thanks nice as ever Kenny. 🙂

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 5:51 AM, Wookiee said:

I am not a country fan, not so much because of the music but the singers, (sorry country singers), however this is an example of everything that is good about country.

This is nice I enjoyed the laid back groove and sweet playing BIAB or what.  Thanks nice as ever Kenny. 🙂

Hi Wookiee !

Country Singers , Your not a fan  huh ?

I notice  they like to sing about select people, places and things  we can't seem to  " live with "or  "live with out "?

Thanks for giving this one a listen and commenting .....

I do appreciate you doing that my Furry Pawed Friend

Kenny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Nice and soothing.  Very easy going and laid back.  Feels good.

🙂John B.

Thank You John  😊

On 10/27/2019 at 4:58 AM, garybrun said:

Very nice Kenny.  🙂
If you have any lyrics for it I would love to have a go singing on it.
Or if not could I have ago and writing some?

I've been swamped ,  I'm glad I finally got back here ...didn't want you to think I was snubbing your request .

As far as this version of my song / playing goes and  myself  being a non singer ....I posted the tune as you heard it as my arrangement & guitar performance ...I have been know to go back and add new parts or remix long after a song has been long forgotten on this forum ..

There are 3 versions of the tune ...on my SoundCloud there is my performance w everything I have done so far . Then there is the bare bones backing track in the songs description . Last but not least there is my backing track that I had decided to make available for down load  . ( post # 5 in this thread )

Pick the one that works the best for you .... if you make some big money and end up going places .....please help a brother out ...lol

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 8:42 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Kenny,

Beautiful relaxing tune with the guitar part that I play in my dreams. 😉 

Can't live without the twanging my friend.

Thanks for sharing

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thank you Paul !

On 10/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

A nice laid back country groove - a cool tune to listen to. There's some really impressive slide in this tune.

Nice job - thanks for posting.

Douglas , I'm glad you enjoyed the tune ...

On 10/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, freddy j said:

You certainly captured that laid back, tear-in -your-beer country sound on this instrumental.  Excellent guitar work and composition.  I totally enjoyed this song.

Hi Freddy , those are some very kind words you have said . Thank You

all the  best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

• 2 weeks later...

It took a while to get back here . My Orbit has had me in other areas of my Musical Galaxy .

On 11/9/2019 at 10:44 AM, Bapu said:

Remind me of some laid back Allman Brothers Kenny.

Naiz.

Yeah, come to think of it you may have something there ...

I'll take it ...I may  send your comment back in a time machine to let my younger self know it will happen someday ...I played a lot of Allman Brothers when I was young and couldn't play  the guitar worth a $hit 😋

Thanks Ed .

On 11/9/2019 at 2:32 PM, amiller said:

Beautiful tones and playing.😊👍

@amiller !

thank you for the kind word 😊

On 11/22/2019 at 6:38 AM, Makke said:

Enjoyable instrumental music. Pleasant melody lines and ambiance. Sounds good.

Hello Makke ,

thank you for bumping my thread ☺️ I'm real happy you dug my guitar playing and musical sounds .

all the best,

Kenny